Monday, May 21, 2012

Total fun!

This past week I was at MQS (Machine Quilters Showcase) in Overland Park, KS. I took a few classes, one of which was with Angela Walters that was a really fun class, I learned lots, she is a great teacher, thanks Angela!  I was also lucky to be #2 in the line to get a free signed copy of her book that is coming out in June, 2012. An awesome book.  So yesterday I designed this modern looking table runner, which I am calling Mod Dots(modern dots) pieced the background and appliqued the circles on using the interfacing method, it was easy peasy. Today was really fun quilting some of the designs from Angela's class/book.  I used Hobbs 80/20 batting and Glide thread.


This gold circle and orange circle are my favorite designs. 

15 comments:

  1. I love it!!! The design is stunning and the quilting is great!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicki, I love, love, love this! I love traditional quilts, but I also love modern quilts, and am really enjoying modern quitting. This is just over the top fantastic quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, love the colours you used and the quilting is exceptional.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute design, I love it! And great quilting too! Glad you had fun at MQS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute is that?! Great job - love the fills in the circles with the way line quilting. Your colours and design are perfect for a modern table runner. Sounds like you had a great time - I am so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow...inspirational quilting! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a huge Angela Walters fan. :-)) You've done her proud. These are beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to go to Angela's school. That certainly is beautiful. You are a quick study.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous! I took a class from Angela at MQX last month and absolutely loved it. I'm anxiously awaiting for her book to come out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You received high praises from Angela - and me, too! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Barb, there you are again! I'll always recognize you by the stars around your name! Hope you're having a great summer so far!

      Delete
  11. Thanks everyone for your wonderful comments! I can hardly wait to try out more of Angela's designs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I took a class from Angela Walters on Wed at MQS. She was a fun teacher and her ideas are inspirational. I like how you designed this table runner to practice what you learned. I have a denim quilt on my machine that I am using some of her ideas.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html