Monday, November 26, 2012

Snowman table runner

 I just finished this table runner over the weekend. I saw the snowman on pintrest on a pillow and decided to draw up my own version and put one on each end of a table runner with stars in the middle. I used felt for the appliques. First I pieced my runner and stipple quilted it on my longarm and then appliqued the snowman and stars on using my Janome Horizon 7700
Here is my pieced back.


And here is a close up of the snowman-I used stitch #94 on the Horizon 7700 to applique the other edge of him and his nose, I tightened the top tension, black thread in bobbin and monofilament on top and it looks like hand stitching.
Adding button eyes and hand stitched X's for his mouth using black crochet thread and he is ready for winter!

4 comments:

  1. Is it time for Winter stuff already? Cute cute snowmen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great runner! Love the look of hand stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. Thanks for entering it in the Christmas Parade too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got to love snowmen. Yours is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html