Here is one of 6 table runners I have quilted all from the same pattern. However I did quilt different designs on each one. I used Patsy Thompson's DVD that the Hubbs got me for Christmas for the quilting ideas. I even managed to get the bindings on 3 of them over the weekend.
Monday, April 30, 2012
Friday, April 20, 2012
I have always want to do a wholecloth quilt but it is so intimadating or so I thought. I found this quilt along with Leah and she provides the pattern so that is half of the problem solved. Thanks Leah!! She made it easy with a small 17" square wallhanging. I used black Kona cotton for the top and a RA twister embroidery thread, a layer of Hobbs 80/20 topped off with a layer of poly to add some dimension to the feathers. I absolutely love how it came out.
Sunday, April 15, 2012
I just gotta say I really like my ditch quilting foot. I sewed the binding onto the front of the quilt, pressed it out and turned it to the back of the quilt, then with a matching thread just let the little finger ride in the ditch while you sew and...
here is what the back of the binding looks like. See how nicely it caught it. Makes the whole
binding process so quick!
finished table runner.
Wednesday, April 11, 2012
I finished this wall hanging yesterday. I attacked this one a little differently than I would usually do. The background was pieced, then I quilted it on my longarm, Hobbs 80/20 batting, glide thread from Fil-Tech (love this thread!). Notice the ghosted in leaves. Then I appliqued the leaves on using wonder under and zig zagged. I am pretty happy with how it turned out.
Here is a closeup of the quilting.
Wednesday, April 4, 2012
Today I decided I would join this New York Beauty Quilt Along. I am late in starting so I have some catching up to do, LOL However I did complete these 2 blocks today. I have always wanted to do a small NYB but just never took the time. This will be a wallhanging when done. They are paper pieced so that part is perfect but sewing to the solid pieces is a bit trickier, I thought it worked well as I was doing it, but they didn't measure a perfect 8.5" when done. I am using reproduction prints.