Thursday, February 5, 2015

February goal for ALYOF-2015

I need to get this quilted and turned in mid March so this will be my February goal for ALYOF 2015. It is a table runner or a wall hanging whichever you would like it to be. When done there will be several others very similar hanging at Machine Quilters Showcase (MQS) in Cedar Rapids, IA in May.  Our local longarm group is doing a comparison challenge where the runner is all pieced much the same.  Then we all go quilt it secretly to see how different it can then look.  The colors of the hanging didn't come out very good, it is light gray and then different aqua prints make up the hexagon. You can see the shadows of the quilt underneath, I was too lazy to take the big quilt off the wall so I used this as my design wall to hang it up for a quick pic!  Next I will do up some drawings with my bamboo tablet for the quilting ideas and then get to it!!
You can find the link to ALYOF on my left sidebar so you can check out others goals.

4 comments:

  1. I look forward to seeing how you quilt it. It sounds like an interesting challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see how you quilt it and you HAVE to share pictures of how others quilted theirs! I always find it so interesting to see how quilting really does change the look of the exact same quilt. . . hmmm, this might be the reason I always struggle with what to quilt on my quilts!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an interesting challenge. Any chance that we will see all the finished ones?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a good challenge. It's always exciting to work on a project along other persons, not knowing what the others will do. And then looking at them all, comparing, admiring. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html