Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Piecing fun, quilting fun and WIP

Yes a little piecing and quilting fun on this Tipsy Tumbler quilt from the Missouri Star video that Jenny did. I quilted a design from  Christina Cameli's Step by Step Free-Motion Quilting book. Remember last week I did a review on her wonderful book and just love so many designs in there that I had to do more! This was a more modern design so I thought it was perfect for this little Neonatal quilt.



This is while it is on the frame. You are supposed to do everything freehand but I just couldn't let myself go, so I used a template ruler and drew in the wavy line then I followed the line freehanding it and adding the 'L' loops, a fun design. I purposely placed them farther apart so the quilt remained soft and cuddly for a baby.



Isn't this Halloween panel adorable, I won it from my friend Jasmine this past fall. I should have taken a picture of it before I cut it up and sewed it back together. But the little pic's were on each side of the haunted house, so I cut them and rearranged it and added the green rectangle(which was from Jasmine too!) I was searching through my patterns as I was just sure I had the letters BOO in another pattern that would be perfect to add to this. Nope not the right size or shape. So duh!  I have a Silhouette Cameo die cutting machine where I can pick my font and size-perfect!!  I cut them from cardstock, drew around them on my fusible web. Ironed them onto fabric, cut out and fused to my green and appliqued them on with a satin stitch.  It's not quilted yet-I have a few months to go. I will use the rest of the green candy corn fabric and add a bit of orange from my stash to it for the backing. I LOVE how it came out. Thanks Jasmine!!!!!!!!!!!

I pieced this 25" table topper on Friday. The pattern is from Village Creek Quilt shop in Lodi, Wi. She was here vending at a local quilt shop a couple weeks ago. I have used her patterns before and love them, cute, quick and easy, can't get much better than that. Of course it is not quilted yet.  If you have been following me you know that I tend to go in streaks where I just want to piece lots, then quilt lots etc.















This was the project I worked on yesterday. It's one of the Lil' Twister patterns.  She has you cutting lots of sqs of the same color and sewing them back together so you get a stripe fabric before using the Lil Twister tool to cut them out. Well I thought why do all that piecing, so I just cut strips, sewed them together and cut. It is working fine so far and there are less bulky seams to deal with. Hopefully I will get the rest cut today and maybe with some luck get it all sewn up.


Lots of fun stuff to see through the linky parties at the left-go check them out!!



12 comments:

  1. Love your fun quilting on the tumbler. They are a perfect pair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have been busy bee. The tumbler is wonderful and the quilting looks so nice. I adore the table topper-colors are great together. Your twist on using the Twister is clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Christine,s book as well and I really like it. I like how you added l loops into the wavy lines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your projects are all lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilting pattern used on the tumbler quilt is perfect. I am pinning it for future reference. Love that!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun quilt, fun quilting!! You go girl! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an inspirational post. Love all your projects, but your tumbler quilt (fabrics, design, colors) and free-motion quilting is stunning. Total #CreativeGoodness.

    QuiltShopGal
    www.quiltshopgal.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to do that tipsy tumbler quilt next! I love you yours came out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your tumbler quilt is just great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this baby quilt, pattern & quilting !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this baby quilt, pattern & quilting !

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html