Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Meeting another goal

I am pleased to have met my June goal for ALYOF  2015!

Last fall I won these gorgeous fat eighth hand dyed fabrics from Vicki Welsh 's blog.  I knew I wanted something to hang on my wall of sewing/knitting room.  But it took a while to decide.  While watching TV one night a couple months ago I caught of glimpse of something like this and an idea was born!  I cut 1" strips and laid them out in a pleasing order to me, added some white strips from my stash.  Then it just sat around for a while until I came up with a quilting plan and Sunday I put it
on my longarm and quilted it up, bound it yesterday and now I will go hang it on my wall :-)  It measures in around 19" square. I used Hobbs white batting which I think is 80/20 and glide thread in a very light silver which looks white on white fabric. 

Look at how cool the quilting looks when you look at an angle across the quilt. 
I am very pleased with how it came out and how it shows so nicely in the sunlight this morning to snap some pic's!  I found it interesting how the quilting on the back looks so different with just a little different angle to the camera.
Linking up with a few linky parties this week that you will find listed on my sidebar.

17 comments:

  1. love the quilting and happy colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! Looks like the sun's shining from the center of your rainbow. The quilting goes great with it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Vicki!! This is gorgeous. Your quilting is perfect for this piece. It adds to the movement of the design and completes it. Great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok my Vicki - this finish is absolutely beautiful! I love the design, the layout and the quilting on it. Woohoo! You should be very proud of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's gorgeous! So happy. So cheerful. Just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for telling me about this! It is fabulous! I hope you will consider sharing it in the customer gallery on Flickr
    https://www.flickr.com/groups/1642030@N20/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a work of art - so beautiful - so well done - so amazing....congratulations! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilting really adds to an already great piece.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seriously awesome!! I love the effect of the quilting and it really is amazing how different it looks on the back! Congratulations, what a great finish and a bright and colorful addition to your sew/knitting room :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yeah, I said aloud, when you pointed out how different the quilting looks on the back with a slightly different angle! Love what you did from start to finish. Makes me want to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the finish! Your quilting really enhanced the whole design and overall effect. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So fun! I love the quilting on this--it really makes the whole thing POP. Congrats on the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your design and the great quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love how the white makes that rainbow of colour really pop. And your straight line quilting is very effective here. If I might offer a tiny suggestion for your blog... your quilts are lovely. Why not show them off a little more by using the largest possible size for your pics? It would make all the details that you work so hard on more visible.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this! The quilting looks so awesome! Go you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I thought it was beautiful before, but the quilting makes it even more so! Congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html