Sunday, July 12, 2015

Scrap improv chevron progress

I started making these several months ago and little by little I have added to them when I have a few free moments. Thinking I would indeed add sashings to them. No particular size of quilt in mind except somewhere near a lap size as it will be a donation quilt.

They are improv chevrons loosely following a tutorial from Tallgrass Prairie. I changed mine up a bit by making mine into wide strips of chevrons instead of a small strip and making them into blocks. I really enjoy the process of making these.

Last week I decided to set them into this arrangement and began the process.  I had won a jellyroll of aqua solid and I thought it went quite well with the brights in the chevrons.  This will be an ongoing project of stolen moments here and there as I need more chevron strips and no time now to make them.  Back to work on items for fall craft shows.

I will be linking to a few of the wonderful, inspiring linky parties on my left side bar.

11 comments:

  1. What a lot of fun! And all those brights are making for a very cheerful quilt. I hope you can find more stolen moments to work on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It`s stunning.Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this scrappy project! All the different widths of strings look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How neat Vicki and what a great way to use up scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great scrappy quilt. I think I might use my thin strip for this instead of a string quilt. I like this better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great scrappy project! Love the sashing fabric, it really brings it all together. I used up a bunch of mine earlier in the year but as you know it doesn't take long for them to reappear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really turning out to be very lovely! I really like the aqua sashing. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this layout and the aqua is perfect!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how cheerful these chevrons are. The Aqua looks so good with it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, the aqua looks great with your scrappy bright mix... good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such beautiful bright colours - it will make a lovely quilt to donate. Thanks for linking up to #scraptastictuesday

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html