Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Booties galore!

I have been busy crocheting baby booties for Bundles of Love. Winter time is the only time of year that I sit and do this in the evening. When I started a few weeks ago I found I had some left from last winter that I didn't get delivered. So I have a very nice batch of 38 ready to go. I will get 2 more pair done before tomorrow morning so that I have 40 to deliver. They are addicting little things to accomplish in a little bit of time. It's fun to combine a couple strands of yarn and see what color you end up with. I am sure I will continue to crochet these through January too.  The crochet pattern I use is called Roll-Tops by Hayley Missingham found on Ravelry.


Yesterday I started cutting out a lap quilt for a future sewing day(maybe at retreat in January).  When I got done with that I decided I was in the piecing mood so I started this lap quilt. I have been wanting to do an aqua/red one for a while now. I picked these fabrics up at JoAnn's Black Friday sale.
I had the white tone on tone in my stash. I will sew into rows this morning and maybe even be able to finish the piecing today, we'll see how far I get.  The pattern is Cobblestone Path on Moda Bake Shop.  

10 comments:

  1. Love the shot of all those tiny little feet warmers! I too love Aqua and red and bought those colours when I was in Amish country this past summer...no pattern in mind yet so will check this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicki, what is Bundles of Love. I have some yarn from when I "thought" I was going to crochet again. Could you use them. Is's only a few skeins but your welcome to them. Email me and let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are bootyful Vicki! Such a pretty array and wow so many little booties.
    LOL, it would be hard to cut those beautiful fabrics and then not piece them right away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable little booties! I love aqua and blue together. You are coming right along on the lap quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What cute little booties! You are amazing! I really like aqua and red together, too, but have never made anything with this colorway. Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the quilt you're working on. Great colors, and a great pattern. I hope you sew it together as is, without the extra sashing. Looks terrific as is, and makes me want to do one to use up a bunch of old Christmas fabric. Looking forward to seeing the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are going to be lots of toasty toes with those little booties! How cute are they?! I love your quilt beginnings...really pretty colors together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of booty love! I love knitting & crocheting in the evenings; it's so calming. Bless you for making these! Your red/aqua quilt looks great - I love that color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute booties Vicki and that will be a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html