Tuesday, January 19, 2016

January Blues



The color blue with a splash of purple is what we are working on this month for  RSC16. I have never joined in on all this fun so I thought I would this year. I picked my own blocks to make a quilt with.  The pattern I chose is called Tropical Punch from Moda Bake Shop.

I will link up to RSC16 at Scrap Happy and Linky Tuesday at Freemotion by the River.

Now I need to go cut out another quilt to work on at retreat this weekend!  Did you catch that I said 'another' quilt. Yep I am taking 4 projects to work on!!  Three lap quilts and one queen size. They will all be cut out ahead of time, I am sure I will come home with all 4 started and none of them done!! Hey I don't want to get bored with just working on one thing the whole 4 days, LOL

Have a great and productive week!

13 comments:

  1. That looks like a great block for RSC16. Have fun at the retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute Vicki and you will have fun doing the RSC16! I didn't do it last year but did it for several years and I'm going to do it again this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your scrap blocks look great. Have a wonderful retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Tropical Punch quilt is on my to do list for 2016 -- your blocks are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blocks are great! Can't wait to see what you bring back from retreat!!!! Have fun...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your squares for the RSC16 are lovely. Can't wait to see what you got accomplished on retreat!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great block to use for your scrap challenge. One can never have too many projects to work on. What if you get bored or sew really fast? Looking forward to seeing what you will create next.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet you get more done than you think you will. . . you can talk and sew at the same time ;) These blocks are beautiful! Have fun at the retreat!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. "all four started and none of them done" oh yeah, can relate. Retreats always work out to less sewing than one anticipates but much more visiting, laughter, and eating than one anticipates...all good right?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun pattern! Having four started and none done will eventually lead to a finish. Enjoy the process.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you're having a wonderful time on your retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your block choice and how the sashing and corners are part of your block.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html