In the colored pinwheel sections I did a continuous curve (CC). Then I snuck over into the white and used my straight ruler to outline 1/4" away and made a small stipple traveling back to continue with the CC in the colored area. The narrow lime green border got SID each time I advanced the quilt forward on the frame.
The eggplant border was the last thing I did. It's a modified piano key border. See how the arc, at the top of the piano key, mimics the arc in the pinwheel pulling it all together.
This 1" line stencil from Pam Clarke and miracle chalk (or baby powder) and a foam brush came in handy to mark lines every 2" to use as a guide for the modified piano keys.
For the binding I used all the leftovers from the pinwheel sections. I had just enough! Now I had a little error on the binding. I wanted to use Suzy's magic binding technique but she has it being a 2.75" binding and I always prefer 2.25". Therefore I chose to cut mine less-now mind you I have done this before. But somehow, I cut it different this time and in the end the print one was too large to SID to the front so I ended up stitching it all down by hand like any normal person would do, LOL It looks fine, it just wasn't the look I was going for. I am glad it is done, out of my closet, and now I can move on to something else! And I do have something exciting to share with you later this week!!!!