Monday, April 24, 2017

Wrap It Up!

When I first saw this quilt I knew it was one I wanted to make. I had a DrEAMI moment and stopped doing whatever else I had going and made it.  The inspiration for this is from Wrap It Up by Kate Mitchell. 


The coloring is very similar to the one on her pattern. I liked it as it went with my Living room and because I happened to have these 2 half jelly rolls that I bought last fall just begging to be used. It was a win win situation.

Back in September an ad came across facebook about JellyRollFabric and they had a special going on for this roll, $9.97 for each 20 strip roll.  I bought these two and a Deep Ocean blue set also. 


Hook swirl freehand allover on my Nolting Funquilter made for a fast finish. The addition of the black and white that just makes the quilt pop.

This is one of eleven projects on my FAL 2nd quarter list, so I will be linking with them at the end of the quarter.

For today I will link with MCM, Monday Making, and Em's Scrapbag

17 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful quilt. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Vicki! I have made this design several times, one was a beautiful batik tree skirt! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of a jelly roll. Beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! It looks like a lot of fun to make as well. The colors are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your palette and the ombre effect contrasted with the pinwheels. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful! I do love the black and white pin wheels, it gives the quilt lots of movement.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great quilt! Another good design for a male. Your quilting really finishes it off beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am amazed at all you manage to get done Vicki! This quilt is lovely, and the pinwheels add so much to the quilt. I'm going to have to practice that swirly hook design - it looks so nice here! Thanks for linking to MCM!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great quilt. I wish I had pictures of the one I made, long ago.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun pattern! I love the little pinwheels, and I can see that this one probably pieced up pretty quickly. Don't you love patterns like that? The neutrals are so rich and versatile, too. Congrats on the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  11. THAT is a fabulous DrEAMi! I love it when you get secondary patterns and the black is a terrific pop for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Strikingly bold & graphic...adore the earthy tones you used, Vicki. This is wonderfully made...just like YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a pretty one! I love the little pinwheels!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous Quilt! Thanks for sharing with Moving it Forward.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This quilt really sings. The black adds so much and ties it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Drop Everything And Make It? I love it! It's a beautiful finish - that white pops in all the right ways.

    On behalf of the Finish A Long global hosts, thank you for participating!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html