Monday, October 9, 2017

Fun two days working

Friday and Saturday for three hours each I worked at the opening of a craft show I am vending at.  It's the first of the season for me.  It was so much fun meeting people who were buying my quilting, purses and sweaters!

See how I hang a lot of my runners-my DH made me 2 of these runner racks several years ago. It displays them nicely. I just wish all that stuff wasn't in front of them, but people seem to be getting them down when they want to buy them.
 When I first started doing craft shows they were all the sit at your own booth kind.  Now all 4 of the shows I do are boutique style. That means you deliver your products and they set it up, sell it and get a commission.  Then you go back and pick up whatever is left.  So everybody's is all mixed up and set up like a retail store as you can see in the pictures.

This is the first year I have taken my machine knit children sweaters to this show.  I saw some people buying them, which is so fun.  I miss meeting my customers.  But since I work at this show I got to meet a few.  Some shows you don't have to work at, but this one I do as it saves me 10% commission fee.











I always wonder how people actually find my stuff in the sea of all the jam packed items.  But somehow they do!  Now, of course, I wish I had even more product.  Well I did come home yesterday and start another wall hanging for the upcoming show.

One example of how do they find my stuff when it is blended in and kinda hidden by something in front of it was this wall hanging.  Yet someone was buying it yesterday, so that made me super happy.

















Since you all seem to enjoy seeing how I work with the panels, here is what the orginal panel looked like.  I used the center Welcome Fall picture and cut all the border off and to the size I needed.  Then added my own green fabric making the new side borders.  The top and bottom border has a different printed strip from the orginal panel.  Then add in the corner squares to complete the look.  I think this came out to about 24" square, I always forget to measure them!












































Linking with some of the linky parties on my left side bar for Monday and Tuesday.

15 comments:

  1. I think it's fun that the shows are set up boutique style, but like you I would miss interacting with my customers. I'm glad you got to work some so you could see the items that are selling. Good luck with craft season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job transforming that panel into something beautiful! That craft show looks like fun! Glad you did well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved seeing the pictures of the craft show all set up. The runner display your husband made is awesome. And what a lovely quilt you just finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how the show is set up! It's like a booth at quilt shows and lets people get in the middle of it all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad that you've been able to see buying your things. The displays are nice, and I sometimes like that I have to hunt a bit to find good stuff. I hope you get a really good return for all that work you've been doing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like a really nice craft show! Hope you did well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful and talented repurposing of that panel! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Vicki!
    I am thrilled to see the photos from the show. I was thinking of you, wondering how you were doing. I imagine it's part of the fun, going through all the items available for sale until you find just the treasure you were looking for. I'm not surprised at all that your stuff is selling! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this show looks like the best home decorating store! I would love to shop there. Regular "sit at your own booth" shows aren't as appealing to me as a buyer. For one thing, I feel bad just walking past a person who is selling items that don't appeal to me. I know she/he worked hard on them. Having it all mixed together makes it more of a treasure hunt. And your pieces are definitely treasures :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great concept for a craft show. I don't think I have been to one that does it that way. So glad you saw some of your items selling! That kind of show would be dangerous for me to sell things at because I'd probably spend all my earnings on other people's stuff! Were you happy with the results?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never been to a show set up that way before. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never been to a craft show that sets up like that. I'm glad you are receiving some great success with the show and hope it continues.

    By the way, I received my Prim Snow Head today. I love him! He is a bit larger than I expected which is nice. I look forward to decorating with him this Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm not surprised people find your things at shows. Your wares are are all so lovely and professional! I'm glad the shows are working out well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a lot of fun things that pull people in to just look and look.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cool idea to mix all the stuff up to make displays - It looks great!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html