Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Sweaters

Since about the first of April I had a bug to get working on my knitting machines.  I have about 11 sweaters knit.  I always stitch the seams up by hand using the ladder stitch, it makes for great TV time sewing in the evening. These are the first 2 sweaters to be totally done and ready to put in the fall craft show boxes.


It takes about 1.5-2 hrs to knit each one, depending on the size and design.  Last year I sold quite a few between the 4 shows they were at, so I need to get my hiney in gear and knit a bunch this year.  I was in big need of boy sweaters so that is all I have done so far.  I'll be sharing more as time permits. These are size 2 and 4.

Linking with Midweek Makers and Wednesday Wait Loss


12 comments:

  1. Hi Vicki,
    I was wondering what you've been up to lately as you've been too quite. I'm so happy to see a post from you today! What CUTE sweaters! Gosh, I know a certain young man that just might need one of these this fall. How adorable are they?! I'll have to ask his mom, and then see what size he might be by then. I say when you have the bug to work on something, that's the time to do it!! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sweaters are adorable. I can understand why you sold so many of them. Using a knitting machine fascinates me.. I'm going to have to find a video to watch to see how they work. Great finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where have you been, Vicki (wink, wink)?! Cute sweaters, by the way. I'm sure they sell quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too have been wondering what you've been working on! These sweaters are so cute. These are going to sell quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute sweaters. These will be popular items at the shows.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH man! If I had seen these when my boys were little I would have bought them for sure! I need some grandsons now. :) Vicki, these are WONDERFUL! There are just so few boy things out there. Everybody seems to prefer making girly things which is understandable since most of us are girls ourselves. If all you made were boy things, I think you would sell out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute those are! I've watched a friend's machine, and they are amazing. It's about the only way I could probably ever knit something. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so fun to see your sweaters again! It's been a while since you made any. These are cute! Does your machine come with some pre-programmed patterns like the tool shapes, or do you purchase those somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a great thing to sell at a craft show! These sure are cute. No wonder you sold so many last year. Thanks for linking up to Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html