Thursday, May 17, 2018

Another H2H quilt

Here is my second donation quilt for Hands2Help.  Since I had a few tops in my stash that I had made for donation purposes, I figured now would be a good time to quilt and bind them.  This one will also be donated locally to the Crisis Nursery Center.

Early last year I had pieced several quilts using wider strips to make the jelly roll race quilts.  A good blog buddy, Jasmine, came up with this idea.  So much fun!  I made several in Mauve and blue fabrics to use up from days gone by:0  These blues are all apple prints.


I had the perfect piece of fleece to go with it, and the perfect size.   This is a small quilt at 36 x 45.


 Yesterday I had a few people mention how sad to think that any child should have to use the Crisis Nursery Center, I couldn't agree with you more.  The center is for children and families dealing  with child abuse. Every child is so innocent and to think they sometimes get caught in between bad situations is heart breaking.  They all need to feel loved and cared for.  In giving these quilts to the center they can distribute to those who need it, my small way of giving a child a hug.  Last year I donated 32 quilts to this center, the lady who works there was just thrilled to pieces and said their supply was almost non existent right then.  Boy did that ever make me glad I chose to donate there.

I will be linking up with Sarah on Sunday for the Hands2Help linky party to see what we have all accomplished.  You can find more information on Sarah's blog HERE.
Also linking with Tish for UFO busting since this is a true UFO!

13 comments:

  1. I love Jasmine's Chunky Race pattern! Your backing print is so cute and fleece too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vicki,
    Thank you for sharing the back story on where these quilts are going. What a fun quilt that I could easily see a sweet little boy loving. That soft flannel in that pretty red is so nice and will feel soft against his cheek. Whoever receives it will feel all the love and thoughtfulness that went into make it. ~some~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blues in the quilt are so nice, and the backing is just right for the quilt. So neat that you make quilts for that organization, Vicki! I'm sure they are well loved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute blue apple fabrics! That school fleece is perfect for this little quilty hug :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another adorable quilt going to an excellent cause. Sad as it is, I'm glad there is help when it is needed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your H2H quilts are just great, Vicki! I love that you have a stash of tops just waiting to be quilted. Both are perfect for the charity you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty fabrics, front and back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have had so much fun catching up on your blog. You have been busy creating and having fun. I love seeing what you are doing. Such a fun pattern here. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for seeking out and supporting local charities! You are such a blessing to them, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is such a cute quilt, and that apple fabric is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html