Friday, August 3, 2018

60 degree triangle runners

Fellow blogging friend Ramona recently made these 60 degree triangle table runners in a patriotic theme.  I was intrigued by her lay out.  In the past I did a different layout.  So I quickly whipped out some fall fabrics that went together nicely, cut and sewed strip sets.  Then comes the fun part of cutting the triangles and laying them out.  Yep I liked the results.  Thanks Ramona for the inspiration!



 Before long they were ready to quilt.  Straight lines and wishbones to the rescue!  


 I love how the lines formed this design!


 I found a fall vegie fabric in my stash that worked great for the backings.

Linking with Sarah and Myra




10 comments:

  1. You keep finding great ideas for runners! These are great for fall, which is right around the corner. I've not worked with a 60 degree triangle, so this was fun to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stack of table runner must be getting big! It's almost time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is another great design!!! Table runners are so versatile and fun to use. Great appeal. Great quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a fondness for 3D looking designs. This is a fun one! Beautiful fall runners!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your runners are wonderful! Love the straight line quilting, too. Thanks for the shout out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They remind me of braided challah bread! Very cool design :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so pretty. I wish I could quilt like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made 38 different 60 degree table runners, several years ago, but, not quite like yours. Nice. Easy to quilt, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Vicki! I agree with Wendy - you have been finding some unique patterns for your table runners. I have not made anything with a 60 degree triangle, and this is very cool. I have never seen a pattern like this before - I'll bet it will be a good seller! Happy Happy Friday! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are gorgeous. I really like your layout. The quilting really enhances it too.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html