Sunday, January 13, 2019

A fun bag

When I was on Facebook a while back I saw a new bag pattern that Kate Colleran of Seams Like  a Dream just introduced at Fall Market.  With 3 zippers I knew I wanted this bag for keeping things secure like my new smart phone.  Ever since I made a jacket with Island Batiks for one of our Island Batik blog hops I wanted a matching bag.  Perfect reason to purchase Kate's pattern called Carry This!  

Don't you just love the braided top on this purse- Kate has a special little template ruler to make it easy to do.  Now a lot of people don't care to put zippers in, but it really isn't that hard when you follow the directions.  There are two outside pockets and one inside pocket.   Kate uses metal rings for attaching the handle, but I didn't have any on hand and didn't want to go out and buy any so I just attached the handles right to the purse/zipper as I assembled it.

This would be a good way to use some of your scraps as there are not large pieces required.


Here is the back of the purse.  I used my purse for the first time yesterday and it is just the perfect size for me.  I even discovered I could carry a 16 oz. water bottle in the main zippered area.




















In case you are curious here is the jacket I made before with the Island Batik Olivera line.




And speaking of Island Batik the January blog hop has started you can find info HERE.  You can find links to all the ambassadors blogs and the day they are presenting their project using a bundle of fabric that was released at the last Fall Market.  Hop on board you don't want to miss all the inspiration and the giveaways!!   And be sure to come visit me on January 25th as I showcase my project right here.



Linking with MCMMonday Making

17 comments:

  1. It looks great Vicki. I love the colors in that line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super nice bag, Vicki. The jacket is amazing, too. Looking forward to seeing all of your Island Batik creations this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great bag! Love the jacket too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a beautiful bag! You are right... the braid at the top adds so much. Wear it well as my mother in law used to say.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pop of the lime green zippers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bag is the perfect size! If it can hold the essentials and a bottle of water then it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Vicki! I loved the jacket you made originally, and I can certainly see why you would love to have a bag to match. AND, what a nice bag. I am a fan of zippers and pockets in bags, just for the security of them. Yes, someone can still unzip and take something but it certainly slows them down. Can't wait to see your project. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like a great bag, Vicki! I love the pretty purple and lime green zippers! What kind of interfacing does the pattern use? I just bought some Soft and Stable to use for making a new bag, but I'm not quite sure how to go about sewing with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vicki, that's a great bag. Perfect for that new phone, and if it carries a water bottle, even better. I may need to check out that pattern, since I'm needing a new bag soon! Looking forward to your post on the 25th!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great bag and the jacket is beautiful too! Nicely done on both.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute bag! Sewing the handle in directly looks just fine and I'm sure it's plenty secure. After making 11 zipper bags as Christmas gifts, I finally feel like I know how to sew zips in correctly. It isn't hard, just kinda tedious :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great looking purse! And I had not seen your jacket, it's pretty cool too. This looks like it was a great bag pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now you are ready to attend any quilt show with your matching quilty ensemble. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely bag! I guess I should have read your post before asking for a link. Did you use the template too?

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is one chic woman wearing one spiffy jacket!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the zippered pockets. What a great bag. So much fun catching up on your blog today.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html