Friday, June 28, 2019

Butterflies make my heart flutter

Another cute fabric found, and these butterflies flew off the fabric and followed me home!  I am talking about the fabric I used in the wide border.  It has some glitsy shiny's in it, which I think I actually captured in this photo.  The binding fabric also followed me home.  All the rest I had in my stash.

The butterfly applique I made using EQ8.   For the quilting, after basting it onto my longarm frame I SID(stitched in the ditch) the skinny teal border. Then SID around the white background fabric to stabilize it before stippling it.  In the photo above you can see I did piano key stitching in the border.


After a little photo shoot I listed it in my Etsy shop(link in the right side bar). 


Because butterflies love flowers I will share my Lupine with you. A friend gave me the plant last year and it only had one bloom last summer.  These photos are from this year, it was fun to watch the progression of the blooms opening a little each day.

He looks much healthier this year and has 4 flower stalks this year.  The tall flower stalk on the left is so tall that he curved himself before heading upward some more. I planted my Calla lilies beside him.  The same friend gave me the Calla's several years ago. 

Linking with:





14 comments:

  1. I love lupine, but they don't grow here. It's too hot. Your butterfly runner is adorable! And the colors are my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vicki, I am envious of your lupine. They grow wild in my native Newfoundland and I have tried several times to grow them here in Ontario with little success. You are doing great with yours.
    I too love butterflies and have making Edya's butterfly blocks on my list. Meanwhile this is such a pretty piece with perfect fabric. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love lupine! None of mine have opened this year. It is a very sweet table runner and lovely butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the fabric in your butterfly runner! The lupine and calla lilies are so pretty! I think a lot of things grow better the second year - glad that was true for your lupine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great butterfly runner! All our hearts flutter when we see them. Love your choice of binding fabric. Pretty flowers in your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another cute runner, and I love the lupine. It reminds me of driving along the scenic route north of Duluth and seeing all the lupine in the road ditches. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such pretty butterflies! And your Lupine is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute runner! It's cool enough here that we haven't seen many butterflies, but that's OK with me because it means we also haven't seen many mosquitoes! I know they're lurking out there, somewhere, though...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Vicki! Ahh, these butterflies are just perfect for the summer season. I just adore the piano keys in the border - one of my favorite looks that I never take the time to do. And Calla lilies are just fab - they look so regal and graceful. That fabric you used in the butterflies and binding has two different looks - rather striped in the binding yet they remind me of little strip sets too. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute table runner! I love butterflies too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The butterflies are pretty. I haven't seen lupines around here - probably not conducive weather around here.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html