Tuesday, June 25, 2019

June OMG met

I am so happy to report I met my June goal for One Monthly Goal.  The goal I set for myself was to work hard on 10 turkey table runners.  I planned to make 200 feathers for the turkeys and get them set onto at least 5 of the background fabrics.  I achieved that and more!!  You can see HERE what I had to work with at the beginning of June.


After putting together the 200 feathers into 20 groups of 10, I glued them to the 10 table runner background fabrics.  I was still in the mood to work on them so I cut and sewed the borders onto 5 of the runners.  Next I felt like quilting, I managed to quilt up 3 of them before I decided I had spent enough time for now on these.  I am so happy that I achieved my goal and went beyond what I set out to do.  


If you are asking what OMG is check out this link to Elm Street Quilts for all the info.  I'll be linking up for the end of the month  OMG celebration party.  I hope to see many of you there:)

I do have a pattern for the turkey table runner called Gobble it Up,  if you are interested you can email me, link on my About page.  At some point I am hoping to get it listed in my Etsy shop.  If you are interested in a finished Gobble it Up table runner, I have it available in my Etsy shop.

Linking with Tish for UFO Busting





11 comments:

  1. Congratulations on making your goal, Vicki! That's a lot of turkey feathers! They definitely do make the cutest table runners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on meeting your goal, they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Great job on getting all your goals met and then some. I love how you are getting ready for the busy season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for exceeding your goal! You were definitely talkin' turkey!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it great when you're having so much fun sewing that you just keep going? These gobblers are just sew cute with their fancy tail feathers :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job meeting and beating your goal, Vicki! All those colorful feathers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Vicki! I love reading about OMG goals being met and then some. Woohoo! These look so pretty with the fabric choices you made. The border you added really highlights and pulls out those colors so nicely in the runners. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such fun turkeys! I need a Thanksgiving-themed quilt for the front door and would be interested in the turkey pattern when it is available.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, 200 hundred feathers sounds like a lot of work. They look great though, well done you, and congratulations on achieving your one monthly goal!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html