Tuesday, July 23, 2019

A finish for July OMG

I am thrilled to say I finished my July goal today!  What was it you ask?  HERE is the original post.  Next you ask what is OMG, this would be a monthly goal we set and publicly announce at Elm Street Quilts blog at the beginning of the month.

My goal was to make these...


into these this month...

Last week DH and I took a little vacation at a lake up north of us 3 hours.  We were looking for peace and quiet along with biking, kayaking, fishing.  Well mother nature had other plans for us.  It was so hot and so humid, mix in the bugs and some rain.  The only place that felt good was on the water in our kayaks when it wasn't raining. The bugs didn't bother us out there.  Isn't this so serene and peaceful looking.   The bikes never got ridden. 

We tried fishing but they were not biting very good.  However we each caught a little guy, not a keeper, that had to go back to the water. But isn't he pretty!


After getting home is when I tackled my OMG leaf table runners.  Luckily I had all the strips sewn for the borders so that went really quick.  I love being able to whip up three projects so fast, feels like a great accomplishment. 

One more wildlife photo for you.  Today this little guy hung around a lot.  First he was laying out in front of the house by the drive way.  Then he/she and mommy was grazing in the back yard.  Next thing I look out and here he is all by himself right next to our pond right off the deck!  What a cutie.  And then tonight right after dinner he was peeking over the side of the deck!  I wonder if mommy knew what he was up to all day long!!

Hope you are all having a good week. Mine started off productive and I hope it continues.  The heat and humidity has broken and it feels great to open windows again!  But I hear a little more humid tomorrow.  

Linking with:







20 comments:

  1. so neat have the young deer visit and that fish! wow is that cute or what. I wouldn't be able to be out on the kayak - I'm not a water person - unless I can stand up in it - it is not for me - had a near drowning experience years and years ago and never got over it. I do envy all the water lovers though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicki, those leaf runners are gorgeous! What size did the leaf blocks start out at? The photo from your kayak looks beautiful - glad you enjoyed that part of your camping trip at least! And how fun to have the fawn in your yard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your finish -- they are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that border!!! I love the colors in these runners, so pretty. Soon that deer will be at your deck while you are outside.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those runners are beauties! Has the little fawn come back again? So glad our hot/humid weather has gone and been replaced by lovely, cooler breezes, etc. Can't wait to see what you are up to next!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning Vicki! Aww, what a sweet little guy enjoying the sunshine. I can just see him peeking over the deck. He probably wondered what you guys were doing up there and just what exactly was up there. I just love the leaves, and the colors in the borders make the leaves pop all the more. It has been SO nice to have the windows open for the last three days. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really love your fall leaves. The colors are my favorite: outstanding. But I like the interesting piecing of the leaves. Looks like a great little trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colors in your leaf runner are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful leaves, congratulations on your finish. Cute animals!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are one step ahead of the seasons with your beautiful runners, aren't you! Such a smart marketer. :) Looks like a very peaceful and relaxing time on the water!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely runners. I am always amazed at the wildlife that visits your yard. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm catching up on my reading after being away for a week visiting family. Sounds like we had better weather than you did! Your leaf runners look super, as does the wedge topper. You must be getting your store stocked for the fall season. You're so organized! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love every photo, Vicki! The blue, calm water, the table runners, the fish, the fawn!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those leaf blocks are stunning! And her deer is such a cutie. Thanks for linking to Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great work on finishing your great al. The deer is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those runners are terrific! Love the contrast of the black with the bright, fall colours; they are striking. Glad you brought your kayak as well as the bike on the trip, or we wouldn't have that lovely water picture to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely leaf runners - you're ready for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on finishing those table runners! That lake is beautiful! Looks like the perfect place to hang out on a hot summer day.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html