Friday, July 26, 2019

Finishing up orders

Recently I was asked if I could made a 128" long table runner using the same pattern as a runner in my Etsy shop but using only red and green fabrics.  After figuring out I could only do a 122" because of the block size my customer decided that size would be okay for her.  I picked out fabrics I thought she might like per our convo.  Sent her photos of the fabrics and the schematic I did in EQ for approval.

I then began to piece it and was hoping to be able to get it all done before we went on our little lake vacation last week.  But I ran out of time and finished as soon as we got home.  It takes a bit of time to make a 122" runner!!!  I didn't have room to lay out the whole thing for it's photo.

For the quilting I did an allover freehand design of a lettuce leaf feather with an olive green Glide thread.


Another customer asked me to make a set of 4 matching place mats using the pattern from S.O.T.A.K. Handmade.  I love this pattern, as you can probably tell as I have been using it for a few different ones lately.  Here are hers all done.  She received hers and left me a fantastic review-I love my customers!!

After making the leaf table runners I decided it would be great to make matching place mats for that runner.  And since I had the fabrics out still I made fast work of a set of two. I posted them on my Instagram yesterday and SOTAK saw them and liked them!

Look how cute they are together!  These items are now in my Etsy shop


Stay tuned tomorrow here on the blog, I will be doing an unboxing of my second Island Batik box that I received as part of my being one of their ambassadors.  It's a video!!!  I am scheduled for 6 pm tomorrow.  Hope to see you then!

I love how our geranium is really blossoming now!  We have wintered this guy over for 2 winters now.  When we bring him out in the spring he goes into this very sickly looking mode that makes us think it is dying. After 2-3 months he looks gorgeous.  I would love to know how you winter over yours if you do.


Linking with 









11 comments:

  1. The table runner is amazing! That is one long table.

    I love the round placemats, too. I don't think I saw these on IG. Going back to look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'd love the see what that 122" table runner looks like on the table it was made for. That must be quite the long table. You are the placemat/tablerunner pro!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your geraniums look tons better than mine!! And I love your creations for your customers! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome table runners and table mats!! I like the quilting design you chose for the client runner. You did a beautiful job on all of those projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The table runner is gorgeous. Love all of those reds and greens. The round placemats are so cute, too. Great finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all of this! Glad your placemats got a nod from Sotak -- how cool is that?!? Don't ask me advice about plants if you want yours to live - haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Vicki! I'm so happy to see that 122" runner. What pretty fabrics you chose. I'm wondering what's on the back and you KNOW I'm going to have to PIN that nice close quilting shot. You never know when I need to quilt a similar pattern . . . and you are inspiration. How cool is it that Sotak saw your placemats and like them!! Plus, excellent comments from happy Etsy customers is just the best. I have never tried wintering a geranium. Mums and Gerber daisies are my repertoire so far but this does make me want to whip out and pick one up to try. Next time I'm near some end of season plants I'm going to do so! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll bet that long runner will be the star of the table for a family's big holiday meal! I can just see the fine china and candlesticks with it now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a fabulous looking runner! I'm not surprised SOTAK liked your placemats for the runner, either. That's a great set. Your geraniums are so pretty, it has me thinking I might pick up one next spring!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html