Saturday, July 27, 2019

Island Batik unboxing event!!

If you have been following me for a while you know that I am an Island Batik Ambassador.  I am so lucky to work for fabric and other goodies and this is my fourth year to do so.  I love it and it just keeps getting better and better.  I mean look how big this box is.  And it weighed 23 lbs.!!  They are just so good to us, and we love it:)

We were sent the second box of goodies from Island Batik a couple weeks ago.  First we got the shipping notices and then of course the anticipation just builds and builds until UPS drops it off.  Some of us are guilty of stalking UPS because we are so darn anxious to see what is in the box each time.  We never know what goodies will pop out! 

This time Island Batik was really encouraging us to film our unboxing.  I am not one to be in front of the camera, but DH was insistent that I follow directions, LOL   He set up the camera and lighting which was very helpful.  Using my phone to film it and turning the camera around so I could always see myself was the ticket for me.   So without further ado let's explore the contents together.  I sure hope the video works since I have never uploaded one on blogger before.

I can hardly wait to get started with all these gorgeous fabrics and hope that you will follow along on my journey to see my finished projects.

Disclosure: These products were sent to me free of charge from Island Batik, Hobbs Batting, Aurifil thread, and Accuquilt for use in monthly challenges.  Thank you to all of these fabulous companies!!

Linking with
Design Wall Monday
What I made Monday


12 comments:

  1. Great job unboxing your batiks! The fabrics that you received are so pretty. Can't wait to see what you make with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun to see and hear you in your video. You sure have some lovelies to play with now. Looking forward to seeing what you create with you box of goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job with your video, Vicki! That is a box full of amazing goodies! I always look forward to seeing what you do with all that pretty fabric and thread.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a good job on the video, Vicki. And you have some gorgeous fabrics to play with from this box!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun!!! I enjoyed the vid. They really know your likes, Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Vicki! Great job on your first video. The cross canoe block looks so cool and you know it will be accurate with the Accuquilt. All those fabrics in your favorite color of purple will be put to good use. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done! what a fun collection of fabrics and notions to unbox. It will be so fun to see what you come up with :-) I love purple too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So great to see and hear you while you unboxed! I could tell you were a little nervous until that first piece of purple fabric hit your eyes. Then it was pure excitement to the bottom of the box, LOL! Nothing like some gorgeous batiks to relax the soul :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That Enchanted Forest line looks fabulous, but so do all the other fabrics. I didn't see any I wouldn't want to use! So nice that they sent lots of lovely background fabric, too. I know you will make wonderful things from the things in this box. I liked the video, and I could hear it, but the sound was a little low, and I had my computer sound all the way up, which I usually don't. You have a nice voice, though, with a good tone to it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job, and good for your DH for encouraging and supporting you, too! I can't wait to see what you make with this batch of fabrics.
    Thanks for linking up to What I Made Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have the enchanted forest for August - you will love it. It is gorgeous. And, I got the crossed canoes - so much fun with that die. Great job on your video - another one of the great challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice video. Lots of yummy fabrics. My luck they would all be pink (NOT my favorite color)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html