Friday, October 11, 2019

And now for a finish of my Crossed Canoe quilt

Ahhhhh, yes I finally have my September Island Batik Ambassador quilt all done!  I wrote a post for it the last day of September when I had the top pieced but not quilted.  You can find that post HERE.



This was made using the Accuquilt BOB Crossed Canoe die that I was given from Accuquilt as they partnered with Island Batik this year.  The fabrics are from Island Batik.  And the batting was given to me from Hobbs.  The thread I used for piecing was provided by Aurifil.  Thank you to all those wonderful companies.


I had a little fun quilting it on my Nolting Longarm.  Ruler work in the Crossed Canoe blocks and a freehand meander to represent the swirls in the water that happens when you paddle your canoe;)






And now onto the October project, the theme is Top It Off.  Right up my alley;)

Linking with Sarah , Michelle, Wendy and Alycia





16 comments:

  1. Oh what a difference the quilting makes! Looks great Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a lovely finish Vicki! I love how the quilting brings it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun finish, Vickie! I'll bet the BOB die really simplified making those blocks. Does this quilt have a final destination? Will you offer it in your shop?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finish, my friend! I love the crisp look to the quilt, with its bright colors and the fun quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It’s a great design! Not too many canoes! I really really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Vicki! Ooh, love the ruler work. It just highlights those canoes so well . . . and of course there are ripples in the water. I can just imagine rowing across a nice still lake, early in the morning. Ahhh. Love how this turned out. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a wonderful quilt Vicki. I haven't made this block but it is one of my favourites and your version with the two strips of canoe blocks in the quilt looks very modern and sophisticated. The two different greys are a really nice touch and the red details finish it off perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks so great. Its a very unique and modern setting!! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome! The quilting is perfect for the blocks. Fantastic quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how this is so graphic and simple and stunning all at once. Great use of your accuquilt die.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely LOVE the way you minimized the number of blocks needed for a good sized quilt!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Somehow I missed your first post about your Crossed Canoe quilt, but I'm so impressed with the finish! That's a really interesting block - I can see why the Accuquilt would be so helpful for it. Great color and layout, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your quilt looks very effective. I do like the background on your blocks. You've given me an idea for some large blocks that I'm currently working on. Thank you for linking up to the Peacock Party.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet! I love the way you quilted this. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It may be a dumb question, but I'm a simple gal.........why do all of these companies give you freebies?

    AND, by the way......LOVE THE QUILT !

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html