Saturday, October 12, 2019

Poinsettia's

Since my sunflower table runners have been a hit I wanted to turn them into a poinsettia.

A few months ago armed with several red batik fabrics I got busy cutting out my wedges.  After sewing them together I wasn't sure they would resemble a poinsettia enough.  So there they sat and sat and every once in a while I gave them another look and discovered I just wasn't ready to work with them.  So on the back burner they stayed.  Until this week;)   After quilting one of the sunflower runners I layed the red flowers over the sunflower to get a better idea of what it would look like.  I cut out holly leaves and yellow centers. That is what tipped me over the fence to get it made.  


So what do you think, does it make you think poinsettia when you see it?  I listed it in my Etsy shop so we'll see what happens. 


Linking with Tish as this was a UFO for several months;)  and Julie for October UFO & WIP challenge.
















13 comments:

  1. I think it does. But mostly it's red and green and will go with any Christmas decor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your Dresdens work great as poinsettias! Glad you went ahead and finished the runners - I bet they do sell!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will make a pretty Christmas decor piece for someone, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely poinsettia. The holly leaves add a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You nailed it! The green holly fabric is wonderful! Do you know the name of that one? Beautiful finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My brain immediately saw a different Christmas flower, the amaryllis! Lovely piece, as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Vicki! Oh, this definitely looks like a poinsettia. I think the addition of the holly leaves are the tipping point. Certainly every plant I've seen had the yellow center - I'll bet it has already been sold from your Etsy shop. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yup, it looks like poinsettias to me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I believe it does! It definitely says Christmas, and what other red flower is there (in the northern Hemi, at least!)? A lovely finish that's likely to sell well before Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is very lovely! Will look wonderful for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html