Monday, October 21, 2019

Top it Off with Island Batik

It's Top It Off month. That means all of us Island Batik Ambassadors were given the challenge of making a table runner/topper for a holiday.  Yes I was excited when I saw the challenge, as you know I love making table runners!  I chose to make a candle table runner.


So much fun looking through all the fabric that Island Batik has given me over the past four years, looking for just the right ones.  I am a little short on greens. But I had just enough of two different ones that I could make the holly leaves and little one inch squares from one and bind with the other. The candle received a red with gold metallic poinsettia batik. 


I always find it so interesting to watch the transformation of each stage as the table runner comes together.  Here you see just the background(Island Batik Sprinkles-love it) and all the little pieced squares.  


The applique candles and holly leaves all prepared.  And well shoot, I forgot to take a photo after the quilting was done and before I appliqued the candle and leaves on!!  Can't go back now, haha.   So yes, whenever I can I like to do the quilting before applique so I don't have to quilt around objects.  And the quilting acts as a stabilizer for appliqueing. 


Thank you Island Batik for a great challenge month!!!  As always I love their fabrics, just a joy to use.  Check your local quilt shop for Island Batik, if they don't have you can always ask them to carry it.  Island Batik also has a store locator on their website.  Also provided to me was Hobbs batting, I used the bleached 80/20.


This one will soon be in my Etsy shop!  And I will need to make up another for the local craft show.


Linking with

17 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous! I just love the red batik for the candles. Another great finish, Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfection! I love all the gorgeous white space that gave you lots of quilting space. Those “checkerboard” borders are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice I had plans for a xmas table runner and never got started! I guess I need to dig that out soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's going to be a popular one, Vicki! It's so perfect for a candle in the center. I love those little squares for a border - that would work for lots of designs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make the complex look simple. And gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Vicki! I know I'm a gusher of praise - I try to keep it to a minimum. Really, I do. However!! I really, really, REALLY LOVE this runner. I am a huge fan of candles at Christmas - they make me think of our candlelight midnight service and singing Silent Night. Or candles in the each window, welcoming friends and family over. ANYWAY, I really love this runner. Those greens for the holy leaves look so nice with the red of the candle. And I love the checkerboard border. I know this one has sold already . . . because if it hasn't, I'm going to go buy it. Seriously. I'm at a conference or I'd go shopping right now! LOVE it. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unable to make out the verification issues in Gemini support
    Are you dealing with verification errors in Gemini account and looking for support to deal with them? If yes, you’re at the right place. Gemini verification process are easy to handle and users can easily eliminate them without dealing with any obstruction under the assistance of professionals. You can contact the team via calling on Gemini support phone number which is functional all the time. You can connect with the team for better results and avail them to eliminate the issues as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun crisp table runner. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so pretty! Candles are one of my favorite Christmas images. I love the pieced border too, it adds a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like this; red, green, and white say "Christmas" to me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great ideaof quilting before applique. As you said it would eliminate quilting around the applique. Thanks for linking up with us ar Design Wall Mondays, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fun to see you enjoying the IB challenges! You always come up with such great projects. Bet this one won't stick around long!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html