Tuesday, February 25, 2020

To Do Tuesday #8

Hello my quilting buddies.  How are we all doing this week? Were you productive and get lots done?
I think I amazed myself with how much I really accomplished this week. It was more than I listed to do this week.

Here is what I set forth as my week's goal:

1. Finish the last border for the leaf table runners. DONE  I am happy to report that the strips were pieced, cut and sewn onto the 5 leaf table runners.


2. Start sewing the wedges for my Gobble It Up turkey table runners. DONE  Actually the wedges are sewn, turned, pressed and then turned into the turkey feathers.  Not only was that done, but they are also placed onto the background fabric and the borders all sew on six of these table runners!!  I was on a roll this week.


At the same time my Sister-in-law wanted to make one so we had a sewing day, here she is pinning her runner flimsy to the batting and backing.  We had a great time visiting and sewing.  You have to understand she isn't a quilter, but she does a lot of sewing of useful things like bags for their lawn chairs to carry on their ATV, and she makes all kinds of pouches and other accessories for their ATV.  She has sewn wedding dresses and bridesmaid dresses. So I was able to teach her a few quilting tricks along the way, I think she is doing a fabulous job on her Turkey table runner.


3. My third goal was to get a tutorial written for the Accuquilt blog, DONE.  But I can't show you it just yet.  So happy to have this done and submitted. I am not sure when they are going to post it, but think within the next 2-3 weeks.  I'll let you know here on my blog when it is available.  It will be using one of the newer dies called Morning Star.

For this week I want to work on:

1.  Snowmen table runners.

2.  The red/gray string blocks.

3.  If time allows start sewing the red wedges for poinsettia table runners.

If you would like to see what others are working on hop over to To-Do Tuesday at HomeSewnByUs.

10 comments:

  1. it sounds like you have been very busy this week and it is just starting! now last week I was very busy - this week I have not gotten busy yet - maybe tomorrow? Always nice to show another how to sew something different - I have one sister in law I could sew with if she just wasn't so busy teaching and farming! none of my sister's are the least interested

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy - but it looks like you're having a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun to see you cracking out those runners again, and sewing with your SIL. Looks like she's doing a great job on the runner. I can't imagine sewing a wedding dress - yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vicki! Yowza! You had a fabulously productive week. How fun that your SIL wanted to make a turkey runner, too. I love that photo of her working on her piece. She has a lot of skills that will translate easily, except for the seam allowance thing! That was so hard for me to get used to - the quarter foot attachment for the sewing machine helped me a lot. I look forward to seeing your recap next week - I predict lots of red goodness for the poinsettia runners even though you list them as a maybe/possible. Thanks for linking up! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very productive!!! I'm with Wendy--wedding dresses sound scary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun to have a sewing day with your SIL! It doesn't sound like she will have any trouble at all picking up quilting. Glad you're making good progress on your tablerunners!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the runners and look forward to your blog for Accuquilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun to sew with your SIL! I wish I had relatives who were interested. Most of them are happy to receive a quilt. But make one? No way!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your gobble it up runner is soooooo fun...you are getting a lot done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you could teach your sister in law a few quilting tricks.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html