Friday, February 28, 2020

Warm fleece blanket/quilt

Today I want to share with you a project I made back in December and discovered I hadn't blogged about it yet. It's my fleece blanket/quilt.

My method:

Layer two different fleece yardages together. I used 2 yards of a print peach fleece and 2 yards of a solid aqua.  Keep in mind I do this process on my longarm so I do not have to pin anything. I would think you could do this on a domestic machine, but I have never tried.  You would need to pin your layers together to keep it from shifting.  I cut one layer of the fleece just an inch shorter on all sides so that I can wrap the longer one around as to form a binding.


Here you see the binding happening. Wrap the longer fleece around to the short side and zig zag down. 



 All done and ready to wrap up in your cozy fleece blanket/quilt and sit by the fire and read a book!

There is my Friday Finish!  

Linking with:

10 comments:

  1. I have done the same thing except I cut strips of fleece to make the binding and sewed it on (not double thick) and trimmed away the excess. We have one of these on the chair in the living room, but the kids usually choose the jean quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMM! Looks so cozy! Your binding looks so nice and neat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a grand idea - perfect for those chilly nights and a good book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vicki! What a quick and easy quilt, plus it's extra soft as well. Great idea about cutting the one a bit shorter so that the binding is right on it. No need for an extra seam or anything. Your fire looks inviting, and I'm reading a good book. I'll pop right in. Thanks for linking up for TGIFF. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a fun idea, Vicki! Like how easy it was to do the binding, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful and fun little quilt! I am sure it is extra cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Vicki! I actually made two baby quilt and used fleece inside instead of batting. Boy are they warm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice and cozy, loved how you put the binding on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks EZPZ! And finishes really nicely, too :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html