Thursday, May 7, 2020

Stars and Stripes


A local customer asked me about making her one of these Stars and Stripes table runners before Christmas.  And since it was patriotic we agree I could wait until spring to make it.  Well you know me, might as well make two while I am at it.  The one went into my shop and was gone pretty quick.  


So I whipped up another in different fabric. 


I have been quilting them all the same.  Glide Navy thread is used throughout.  Ruler work in the stars and in the red and white stripes.  Freehand stipple in the navy background of the stars.  I used some of the dies in the 8" Accuquilt cube to make the flying geese for the stars. 

It's Thursday so that means I will join the linky parties at My Quilt Infatuation, and For the Love of Geese.  Be sure to head over there and get more inspiration, I mean we don't have enough do we, hehe. 

12 comments:

  1. What a pretty runner, and I love the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet it's very nice to have these quick finishes! The bear is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of your runners, Vicki. These are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect runners for this time of the year. I love using my accuquilt dies for flying geese.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great runners again! Is this your pattern, Vicki? I may have to consider this design for my annual patriotic runner for my family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great too, it doesn't surprise me they didn't stick around long. Thank you for coming back to link up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love looking at the fabric you've used for your tablerunners! That blue with the swirly white in it is my favorite this time. So perfect to combine with red and white!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can see that Ted E. Bear really loves these runners! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Vicki! What great finishes. Of course, I love the quilting - it makes the runner feel like it is waving in the wind almost. And old Ted is a cute addition to the photos! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOOOOVVVE these runners!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html