Saturday, May 9, 2020

Sunset Ridge for H2H

I've been preparing for the H2H (Hands2Help) drive hosted by Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict. Sarah has been hosting for many years, I have joined in for the last four years I think.  It is very rewarding for me to make and give a quilt to someone that needs a little pick me up when they are struggling.  I call it a quilty hug.




If you are a follower you saw this one for a quick little photo in my To Do Tuesday HERE.  The quilt flimsy was actually pieced in the summer of 2019.  So another UFO out of the closet!  It really is great to make flimsies here and there and then when it is time for the H2H drive all I have to do is quilt and bind.













The pattern is called Sunset Ridge at Moda Bake Shop , I modified it for the size I wanted.  Mine is approx. 40" x 46".  A lot of scraps were used  for this and very little white for the background.  A quick and fun quilt to make.

And luckily the pink plaid flannel a friend gave me worked perfectly for the back.  I love using flannel for the back as it makes the quilt so much softer and cuddlier.    

For the next several Mondays I am going to post Monday Memories.  That is on Mondays I am going to post pic's of things I used to make many moons ago.  These are things you have never seen before and didn't even know I made.  I hope you'll come back on Monday for the first post!

Linking with Oh Scrap and UFO Busting

21 comments:

  1. Another great finish, Vicki. I'm looking forward to Monday Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fun quilt! The colors and the pattern make me want to make one with my scraps. I'm going to go check out the pattern....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! This is really bright and cheerful. It will surely bring comfort and a smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great scrap buster! I like the idea of making a flimsy supply to stick in the closet and just pull out and finish as needed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this quilt and the colors are great. I use flannel on lap and bed quilts too for the same reason they are cuddly and soft and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this pattern! What a great way to use some scrappy strips up. Yours turned out so bright and fun and happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a blog of Monday Memories, but it's my genealogy blog. LOL This is a great quilt for anyone, and it will be a great H2H donation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Vicki! This is a fabulously bright and happy quilt. I would be over the moon to receive this if I were struggling and in need of a hug. I'll have to check out this pattern - I could use a a fun, quick pattern to add to our arsenal. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quit sure is happy enough to pick someone up..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, what bright happy colors, and a flannel backing always makes such a cuddly quilt (we need that today, yes? - brrr). Looking forward to Monday Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a pretty one, Vicki! I love that you pulled out of your UFO closet and have the perfect use for it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a happy and cuddly quilt! I love the scrappy rainbow you created with that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a nice little quilt! Beautiful colors, and scraps! Someone is sure to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do like this pattern! I am not big on quilts with lots of white space, so this is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cute quilt!! It will make a lovely donation for Hands2Help, Vicki.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this one! It is so bright and happy. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I read this days ago and thought I had left a comment??? I'm losing my mind. This quilt is one of my favorites. Happy colors.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely quilt for Hands2Help! Can't wait to see what Mondays bring; it will be fun to see older things you have made.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html