Thursday, September 17, 2020

Gnome Table Runner

There has been a whole lot of Gnome activity around the net.  Every where you look it seems.  Now I will admit that I just haven't been a Gnome lover and then I met Wendy, LOL  Yep, she loves them as did her mom. Wendy has made some cute and they started to grow on me.  And then last year my friend made me one to sit on my shelf using a mop as a beard.  And factor in all the ones I have seen on the net and well let me introduce you to my very own Gnome table runner. 


With the help of Wendy this is what I drew up.  I think he is pretty stinkin' cute.  My usual is to piece the table runner, quilt it and then applique, I stuck to my usual with simple quilting in order to spend the time on the applique.  

I stitched in the ditch around the small black border before stippling.  The quilting was all done on my Nolting Funquilter.  The applique on my Janome Skyline 7. 


This runner is 100% cotton quilting fabrics except for his beard, which is felt.  It was fun to work on another squirrel;)


The white background fabric has a light gray very faint design of pine needles and pinecones with a bit of sparkle that gives this a magical appearance. He is now listed in my Etsy shop. 

23 comments:

  1. Funny how something you previously didn’t like so much eventually can grow on you, then you can’t even imagine why you didn’t like them so much before. Your table runner is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Great idea to use the felt for the beard. It probably gives a nice texture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right that gnomes are popular these days! And yours are cute! I like the combination of felt and quilting, too. Great finish, Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a big gnome fan, but your new table runner is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable! Great idea to use felt for the beards. And the background fabric is perfect. Great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Vicki! I'm so glad you enlisted some help from the gnome-whisperer on tips to make him perfect, because he is. This runner is so stinkin' cute! It's a nice addition to your repertoire. I just bet it will sell quickly! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute! And yes, as soon as I saw your first photo, I thought of Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how it turned out - so cute! You need to make more of these, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do love gnomes and yes as you said he is so stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. He IS stinkin' cute! Great design, Vicki. You really captured that gnomish vibe with really simple, clean lines. Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Vicki, what a wonderful squirrel! it really does look magical out in the forest. Thanks for linking up to Free Motion Mavericks. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable! Glad you stepped on the band wagon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on a fun and cute runner.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is cute! I have a friend that loves Gnomes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Vicki, this gnome table runner is absolutely adorable! I will be featuring it in this week’s Creative Compulsions.

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is just adorable....gotta love them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is just too cute for words. I think he’s the cutest gnome I’ve seen.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your gnomes, you are so creative with your runners. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html