Sunday, September 13, 2020

Hocus Pocos wall hanging

 I have been seeing lots of Halloween quilts using the checked orange or black for the pumpkins.  And I have been wanting to make one so bad.  Friday afternoon I finished up a table runner for my Etsy shop and I had time to play.  I had just been telling my buddy, Wendy, that I needed a squirrel to come visit my house so it seemed like the perfect time to start my Halloween wall hanging.  


The pattern I am using is called Hocus Pocus from Primrose Cottage Quilts. No affiliation but she has a lot of cute quilts!!  


After digging out the right shades of orange tone on tone scraps and then the black Halloween scraps I used my Accuquilt 2.5" die to cut the squares.  The background white with black dots seemed perfect for this.  I built the pumpkin blocks on Friday afternoon and Saturday I built the star blocks and put it all together.  I love it and I love that all the fabrics were in my stash!

I hope to get it quilted this week and ready to hang on my wall on Oct 1st.  So glad I let that squirrel in my house!!  Who knew squirrels could be sew fun;)  I haven't had a lot of time to let loose and play and make something for myself so it felt great. 

Linking with Oh Scrap, and DrEAMi #44


22 comments:

  1. This a fun Fall wall hanging. I love your orange and black border. I’m thinking an orange and black border on a tea towel I have (because it will never be used as a tea towel), so your piece is inspiring for my little project. The stars and the checked pumpkins look great together. I agree the white with black dots is a perfect background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just darling. Isn't it fun when something can come together so quickly?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun that you had all the fabrics you needed in your stash - and it's a cute quilt with those check fabrics! Yay for the squirrel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute and like Wendy says so nice you had it all in your stash.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Squirrels are fun and halloween seems to be calling my name too! 3 little projects before the squirrels can come it! Always fun to see what the stash turns into.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that is going to be SEW super cute, Vicki!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! Halloween is coming, and you'll be ready!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m a fan of checks and plaids! I wonder why I don’t have an orange check in my stash! I had better fix that ! Your wall hanging is great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's just adorable! The right amounts of orange and black together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mighty cute squirrel ya got there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Vicki! Cute, cute, cute. I love the fabrics you chose for your pumpkins and stars. It is just perfect for October 1st and the season. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute! Love the traditional orange and black. This will be fun to have hanging up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, that is wonderful, Vicki! I love the plaid pumpkins, the dotted background, and all those fun orange and black prints you have! Glad you got to play with this neat design this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute, cute. We are thinking alike today with our Halloween projects.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh what a terrific squirrel! I too love the checks that are showing up in more and more places.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so glad you allowed this squirrel into your house! It's such a great Halloween wall hanging!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's great - love the stars added with the pumpkins. Much easier pumpkin than the ones Edi and I made - one of those never again kinds of things. =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cute Vicki! I have been slowly collecting ginghams...I always love them in other people's projects. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Total great fall quilt. It can hang for November too if you want to keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super fun quilt, Vicki! Love the gingham. I really like those Primrose Garden patterns, too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well, Hello autumn squirrel! So glad you had an inspirational squirrely visitor! This is really cute and using the gingham check for the pumpkins works perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html