Tuesday, September 1, 2020

To Do Tuesday #30

As predicted I didn't get much done.  Hubby had his surgery on Thursday to put a screw in the broken bone in his foot.  So Wednesday was the pre surgery DR appt. and since he can't drive for 6 weeks I will be doing that.  Thursday we were up at 5:30, be at the hospital at 7 for a surgery that doesn't take place til 10:30(but only takes 6 minutes to perform) is crazy in my opinion.  Hurry up and wait is what the whole day amounted to.  I was exhausted after that.  I know hubby was too.  We finally got home at 3pm and we only live 15 minutes away!   So continue to wear the boot and crutches and no weight on the foot for six weeks.

My other accomplishments this week, non quilt related, was to learn how to use the tractor mower and mow some of the lawn.  I will not mow the hills/slopes though.  And then with DH's supervision I managed to unhook the side by side from the camper floor and get it backed out.  It's tight, not much room to spare. And then after that it was backing it into a crowded garage without taking out the garage door or hitting his car!!!  I succeeded!  But the biggie was getting the fifth wheel hooked up and driven out to the dealer for them to fix some factory goof ups. Again I succeeded all with DH's help of course.

So in the quilting arena this week there wasn't much done... Two of these guys, if you look at the border fabrics you will see they are different.











And one poinsettia runner quilted and bound.  I had the flowers all done from last winter.

So this week is going to be all about getting those orders done.  Do you feel fall in the air, we sure have the past few days, it's cooler and you just feel it coming.  

Thanks to Roseanne and Sue for hosting the To Do Tuesday linky party each week, I am running over there to link up. 



9 comments:

  1. your braver than I on the camper - I'm afraid it would have sat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, Vicki! WOWEE! I am proud of you for backing the rig into the garage, and especially getting the fifth-wheel to the dealership. {{Hugs}} That would have made me nervous. I'll take you word for it that those two runners are different! HAHA! And the poinsettia runner is a beauty. Thanks for linking up this week. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, wow - you didn't tell me about the camper stuff! You are amazing, and you deserve a quiet day of sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my - what a week, Vicki! I hear you on the hurry up and wait with the medical things. Hopefully, the worst is behind you when it comes to backing up the camper and all that! :) Sewing therapy is now prescribed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you are a tractor driving woman now!!! Next time we need something big backed up, I know who to call! That sounds like quite an accomplishment right there! Plus 3 table runners. Not to mention accompanying your DH. Great job, Vic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree! Brave woman! I might have been able to unload the 4 wheeler...my neighbor across the street does theirs. But hook up the fifth wheel and deliver it to the dealer...nope, not this girl, I would have had to enlist some help! Yikes! Hopefully only sewing this week and the occasional medical appointment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at you go! I have mowed with a reg tractor-mower but I refuse to learn these new ZTR's so I believe our land would just get pretty hairy if hubs was "out" for 6 weeks!! I'd keep it mowed up by the house with the little hand mower but that's it! Glad he made it through surgery fine. Prayers of healing going out! For both of you! (We love 'em but I'm thinking 6 weeks of care-taking might push my limit a little!). The table runners look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You go girl! I do, or try to do, most everything with our Airstream. Our truck has a back-up assist but I hate it so I do it the old fashioned way. Ours is not a 5th wheel so I'm not sure how that differs but congratulations!!!
    Your runners are beautiful.
    I hope you husband heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've got to fill twice as many shoes these days! No wonder you're tired. Hopefully a little sewing will give you extra energy. I hope your DH's foot heals up fast!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html