Sunday, October 11, 2020

Hocus Pocus is done!

This cute Halloween wall hanging was started in early September and is now finished and hanging on my wall. 


It is called Hocus Pocus by Primrose Cottage Quilts.  Ever since I first laid eyes on it, I knew I wanted one for myself and now it has happened.  I gathered all my halloween fabric scraps and determined which ones would make the cut  (pun intended!).  I didn't want too big of a design or it would get lost in those little squares. The oranges were not Halloween specific, just tone on tones. It was quickly pieced.  


The quilting was pretty quick too once it made it to the top of the list to finish.  I absolutely love the clean look of this with the white with black polka dot background. 


Did you notice the checked orange and black binding!  I might have squealed just a bit when I saw this in my stash.  It might have been purchased a year or more ago with no specific project in mind. 


Linking with Oh Scrap









18 comments:

  1. Great finish! I just love that binding fabric. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute and holiday appropriate! I don't have one piece of halloween fabric in my stash and am amazed at how much you do have!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work! And very cute fabric, both Halloween and not! You're right, the binding is the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done! What a great bunch of scraps you had. Your binding fabric is the perfect compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    Beautiful quilt. Love all those Halloween colors.
    The polka dot is cute...have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH this is so cute! I love that gingham in the pumpkins :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! And your mix of oranges is great. I may need this pattern for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how that turned out! And your decorations with the quilt in the wall are so festive! So glad you are keeping this one for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute Vicki! Nice job using those Halloween themed scraps. Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable! I just love those plaid pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning, Vicki! I just love this finish and what a welcoming greeting it makes for any visitors. The quilting design you chose just enhances the piece in just the perfect way. I adore those checked pumpkins! Nice job. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is very cute and perfect for the spot on your wall. See? Those fabric shopping outings where we pick up random fabrics pays off! We need to do another one sometime :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous project for the season! I loved the checked binding...so terrific you had some!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful and beautifully finished!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The polka dots are so crisp! Such a cute finish and yes, that binding is perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cute! I love the quilting inside the pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html