Tuesday, October 13, 2020

To Do Tuesday #36

 Happy Tuesday to all of you!  I never thought I would stick to making a written goal list this long. It's not that I truly feel the need to write a list as I usually just know, in my head, what I need to do. But this gives me something to blog about.  This was the perfect year to try this out.  I am sure a lot of you out there has struggled this year to blog also.  Sometimes I just don't feel like doing it, so the goal list helps me out.

My goals this week were to make:

  • Strawberry table runner-✅
  • Quilt snowman table runner-✅
  • Gnome runner-✅
  • Quilt a panel wall hanging-✅
A strawberry table runner was a custom make for a customer.  There was one in my Etsy shop but it was a bit to long for her so I made to her specifications. 

Snowman table runner for my shop using my Through the Window pattern.  The pattern can be found in my Etsy pattern shop


A little different quilting design in the outer border done using rulers on my Nolting FunQuilter.


Another Gnome runner was finished.  You can tell this is a new one because I used a different black/gray stripe in the small border!  This is the third one I have done. 

Another panel all finished on Thursday, listed on Etsy Friday, and sold on Sunday!!  It's on it's way to Alaska. I am on a panel kick for sure right now.  After squaring up the part of the panel I wanted to use(the center portion of this wall hanging), I added the black faux cork like fabric border.  From there I made the flying geese for the tree and green and red pinwheels.  The measurements were not going to allow me to add pinwheels all around so I added in the light background to fill the space.  I really love how this came out.  It was fun working on it, it brought back memories of younger days as I learned to drive an old red pickup on the farm similar to this. I kinda wish I had another panel like this.  



I felt like it was a great week even with all the appointments I had to drive the hubster to.  The last doctor appt was Friday and he is off crutches now and can drive again, thank goodness!! Those were a long 7 weeks.  

This week's goals are: 

Another strawberry table runner
Two patriotic reversed S swirl runners
Finish another panel that I started yesterday
Two Easter table runners for an order
And if I have time for anything else that would be awesome!

How about you, what are your goals for this week?  Do you have deadlines that need to be met?

Linking with all my friends at To Do Tuesday thanks to Roseanne and Sue for hosting this each week. 
Also linking to Longarm Learning Party.






16 comments:

  1. Hi Vicki! Wow, I can't believe it was seven weeks already. I'm sure you may not agree with that sentiment but it seems like it went by really quickly. Darn it - I wish you had another one of those All Roads panels, too. I was going to pop over to your shop and buy it - I love it that much. I'll have to put my detective hat on and see if I can find something similar. Not only do I love the design and saying but I know my niece would just LOVE it. Nice job on your list this week. I have to agree with you - some weeks, I just don't feel like blogging but the list and linky party definitely does help. Thanks for linking up today. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Beautiful runners...so pretty! Love the "truck" panel..what an awesome idea...making a quilt from a panel! Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  3. That 7 weeks probably did seem long, and for your hubby, too - glad things are going well for him. Love the new panel! The flying geese to make the tree are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The red truck panel is great! The border treatment just pops! Love it! And the gnome runner! He is just too stinkin’ cute,

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet those gnome table runners sell fast! Glad your husband is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that red truck panel! you stay so busy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad your husband is "back on his feet" and driving. Your panel quilt is so pretty. I'd be tempted to buy that one, too. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The strawberry and gnome runners are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is one heck of a week you have planned....good luck with it! I wind up with 3 days and 2 nights to myself; it will be quite lovely and maybe even uber productive!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do you sleep? You accomplish so much! That red truck panel and story was cut and super special!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the strawberries with the green checker board border. It brings Spring right indoors. The snowmen through the windows is adorable. And the gnomes are a sweet runner too. Love how you border framed the Christmas truck panel. It brings the joy of the season to life.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sure you didn't think the 7 weeks flew by, but they sure seemed to from here. Glad he is back to driving; that frees you up a bit. I love that panel, and I think you'll have to find another!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are all so lovely! I love the strawberry all over again :-)
    Yep, no sewing and no blogging here. I was doing ok till near the end of August and now I'm just distracted. But we are getting a new dog Saturday so I am happy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey! You have been super busy making more beauties! I've not blogged nor been reading since we sold the house. Long story but basically it was a quick sale and we are at my mom's. After the holidays we will decide where we want to build. Hoping to get settled into a routine and catch up with my blog buddies :) Hope all is well with you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Seven weeks is sure a long recovery! Glad he's well enough to drive now and WOW you've been busy quilting up a storm! I love your ruler work/wishbone border on the snowman runner and the swirly quilting on the panel quilt looks like wintry gusts of snow swirling around the truck. Thanks for linking up with Long Arm Learning!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I always get new great ideas from you! Like how you did a partial border with the pinwheels instead of trying to change their size so they would all fit. Your design is more interesting and easier, to boot! :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html