Tuesday, November 3, 2020

To Do Tuesday #39

 My goal for this week was pretty loose, maybe more table runners, maybe a donation quilt, kind of a whatever I felt like week.

First off let me say a huge thank you to those who ran over to my Etsy pattern shop and picked up a copy of my newest pattern for the Gnome table runner!!  That was definitely the highlight of the week!!!!  It tickled me pink to see how well received it was.  And my finished one sold so I made another.  While I was at Hobby Lobby this week I found this cute plaid plate and a Merry Christmas coffee mug to use for props! 


Another fun highlight of the week was making a new table runner with a GE Designs pattern from her Stripology Mixology book called Strippy Forest.  You can do a quilt or a table runner.  It is fast and fun!  I don't have her special ruler so I just used my regular ruler, it worked fine. 

I used four different greens for the tree.  Her pattern doesn't call for the skinny red border, but I like to add those before the final border.  I cut my skinnies at 1.5". 


It was so fun that I made another, this one has a red and green tree with a black and gold skinny border. 




And yes I did squeeze in time to make a donation flimsy.  This pattern is called Preppy from A Bright Corner.  I have made one before and thought it was fun and pretty quick to do.  I'll save the finish for next year.  I just needed to do something other than a table runner for once:)

I did play in the scrap bin a bit...sorting by color.  Made a huge mess in the family room.  A little cutting with Accuquilt dies happened, a very little.  It takes a lot of time to get anywhere when you have as many scraps as I do.  These scraps are lots of strings with a few chunks thrown in.  Pressing had to happen first.  So I didn't get far.  I am cutting 2.5" squares, 2.5 x 4.5" rectangles, tumblers and charms.

This weeks goals are to:
  1. Finish three snowman table runners that have been pieced already. So quilting, applique and binding on them.
  2. Quilt and bind two reversed S swirl runners.
  3. Cut more scraps. 
How about you what are your goals this week?  I'll be linking up at To Do Tuesday.  See ya there;)




12 comments:

  1. Oh, those tree runners are so fun! I like the flimsy too, and you know I love the gnomes! Hey, I moved my scraps from Ziplocs to bins - yay me - LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your table runners I need to make some but never get around to that and use a lot of small quilts on the table - but your runners are so cute they tempt me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those tree runners! Another great design idea, and cute in all green or the alternating and green! That looks like a fast quilt design, too - looks great. You got a lot done this week, Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The table runners are all so cute! Thinking I need to get some made up soon. (The ones on our formal table are, more often than not, purchased from the store. That always makes me cringe a little considering how much I sew, but I am kind of a sucker for a pretty table runner!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those gnomes and their curling hats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Howdy, Vicki! Look at that cute staging of the gnome runner! I just LOVE that plaid saucer - AND how cool that your pattern is a success. I am not one bit surprised that the runner sold already!! Cute, cute, CUTE trees runner and of course, I love the swirl hook quilting pattern. It makes them look like snow is swirling around them. Preppie is the perfect name for that quilt and pattern! Fabulous goals for the week - thank you for linking up! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have already made two of the Gnome runners...so fast and fun. Love the tree runner and your flimsy as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, you are on a roll. I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your tablerunners! The gnome one really put a smile on my face! I made that Preppy quilt too and loved it too! Your top is lovely! Have a safe and happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those stripes trees are awesome! And I love the cheery quilt top. Congrats on another pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your Preppy! It's a fun pattern and I've made it before, too. I also really like the crossed borders on this gnome runner, especially with the lighter binding. It really makes such a nice frame :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gotta love those gnomes! And the preppy quilt! What a great pattern for a donation quilt. So versatile, gender neutral and for any age.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html