Tuesday, November 10, 2020

To Do Tuesday #40

 My to do list included:

  1. Finish three snowman table runners that have been pieced already. So quilting, applique and binding on them. ✅
  2. Quilt and bind two reversed S swirl runners.
  3. Cut more scraps. NOPE
1. The first two table runners was all pieced and waiting to be quilted and bound so it didn't take too much time. 


This one I quickly pieced, quilted and bound. 


2. Quilt and bind the two reversed S swirl runners...



3. I didn't have the energy or desire to cut any more scraps so I put them all away.  There will be another day eventually to work on those. 

I had the most amazing Sunday this weekend.  First thing in the morning I got a text from a friend that said she just saw my Gnome table runner pattern featured on The Quilting Digest site.  WHAT???  I had heard of that site but never knew anything about it.  So I had to go look it up, sure enough there it was and a link to my Etsy pattern shop!!  The next thing I knew my email was getting flooded with orders!  OMG it continued all day and into Monday. I am stunned, shocked, amazed and honored!!  I have no idea how The Quilting Digest even found me, but I am so thankful.  Someone pinch me I need to know this is real, LOL 

I also started knitting another sock, a friend gave me a few skeins of variegated sock yarn that she didn't want.  But the thing is that there is only one skein of each color, I need two for a pair of socks.  So I found this dark heather gray, the only solid color I could find here in town, that I will mix in.  These might not be so pretty but they will be functional.  



Next week:
  1. Knit more on the sock.
  2. Work on a UFO or two
  3. Most likely a few more table runners will need to be whipped up.
How about we all take a trip over to Home Sewn By Us blog and check out the progress of all of us To Do Tuesday peeps. 

17 comments:

  1. What a stroke of luck - the result of a fabulous design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how lucky for you! they are very cute patterns

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so cute I'm not surprised someone promoted them! And a link to your site is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting that your pattern was featured on Quilting Digest! I've never heard of the site, either, but will check it out. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    Love all your table runners and mats...so pretty and festive. The gray goes well with your colors for your socks. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the free advertising. It's such a cute pattern though. Fame was only a matter of time. Lots of cute table runners are going to be made this year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so great for your business, Vicki! Sounds like you'll be making lots of gnomes this holiday season. All of your runners look wonderful! I get tired of sorting and cutting scraps, too - would rather sew things! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't think of a more deserving person to be recognized and the flow of orders. I love all your snowman paraphernalia. And I think those socks are going to be excellent! Have a productive week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! I can imagine how excited you must have been. I hadn't heard of Quilting Digest either, but I will check them out periodically now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the Quilting Digest shout out!!!! So fun to hear that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This post just landed in my inbox, so I'm late with my comment. I'm still smiling at your weekend fun and so incredibly proud and happy for you! I think those socks look cute. I have no idea how you knit socks, so I'm suitably impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas here on your blog. I have been knitting a lot lately. I just blocked a scarf I knit. I love knitting socks and have those on my to knit list. I usually buy the larger sock skeins because I can knit a pair out of one skein and having smaller feet, I have plenty of leftover yarn. With those smaller skeins I buy 3 skeins and can knit 2 pairs of socks for myself. I suppose it all depends on the size feet you knit for and the length of the socks you make for how much yarn you really need.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Vicki! That is SO exciting! Are you going to have time to fulfill all those orders????

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on being featured like that! Super publicity! You deserve it :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's great news about your shop recognition!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on being featured Vicki! Your table runners are always so neat, love them!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html