Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Swirling card tricks

No I am not playing cards, although I have played a game or two from time to time.  This table topper is called Swirling Card Trick.  If you have followed me for a while you have seen some I have made before. These are three new ones, they are kind fun to see come together from strip sewing and then cutting the angles at 45 degrees.  The first part is really easy, and with paying attention the rest of it is easy too.  The problem started when I cut the little triangles with a height of 4 1/2" instead of 4 1/4", believe me this makes a huge difference and doesn't leave you with pretty work!  I had a wonky mess going on before I discovered my mistake.  Let's say Jack and I became real buddies one evening!!  


I always tend to quilt these the same with a freehand hook swirl, it's easy and effective. If it ain't broke don't fix it, right?


I went on to make this one.

And this one, it's so fun to pick four fabrics that coordinate together. 


I kind of like this last one the best of these three. Which is your favorite?   Well I am off to quilt a couple more table runners, and maybe bind one.  The other one will need applique.  And I need to plan and make a project for the upcoming blog hop Born to Be Wild, my day is May 21st.  

Linking with:





14 comments:

  1. I've seen this quilt in different colors, but never tried it. Looking great, and would be perfect here for our National Day on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great looking patriotic card trick table mats! They are all marvelous, but the last one is also my favorite (since you made me choose). :-) I also have never made this design but I always like seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vicki! I agree - my favorite is the last one. I like that little plaid fabric you threw in to mix it up a bit. Definitely, if it's not broke don't fix it and the hook-swirl gives the whole piece a bit of movement. I am a big fan of these. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. this was one of the first patterns I really liked when I started to quilt and never made it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All three are really nice. I think my fav is the last one. Bet they won't stay in your shop long!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a cute design!!! All three are stunning, Vicki!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome pattern and I like the fabrics in all three of them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite is the middle one, but they are all so fun! I've never tried anything in that kind of shape - it looks tricky. You pull it off so well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are so great ! What a fun way to do a card trick ( haha)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the last one best. The plaid is a neat addition. I always wondered how these were made and have been a little hesitant to try myself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Decisions, decisions! Vicki I think I like the second one as it is so fun and bright looking. That is a nifty pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such an eye-catching pattern! The middle one is my fave. Something about those bright blues just makes me happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such fun table toppers! Love the swirling quilt pattern too. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hmm I can't pick one fave because all of them are beautiful! I've saved this pattern on Pinterest and think one day I'll gather my guts and try it :D

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html