Sunday, October 17, 2021

Harvest Gathering

Sometimes panels have lots of little pictures on them. And I don't necessarily want to use everything that comes on that panel in one wall hanging.  So I just cut them apart and use what I want and worry about the rest later.  You might remember seeing the in progress post about this HERE.  I originally thought I was going to use two more blocks below the house section. But when I got that far I decided it would be a bigger wall hanging that I wanted it to be. 


Harvest Gathering is from one panel and the house from a second panel and the leaf and pumpkin are from a third panel. These all were the leftovers;)


I then added some borders of various colors/fabrics before adding the flying geese and checkerboard elements. A good place to use up a few scraps.
 

I admit for a while this one had me puzzled and I had to walk away from it and let the ideas form in my head.  In the end I was very pleased how this one came together.  I guess someone else was too as it is heading to Alaska tomorrow!  I got it listed in my shop on Friday and this morning it sold.  The panel wall hangings are going really well this year. 


On Friday I mentioned there would be no sewing this weekend as I had another craft to get ready for a local show coming up in November, I deliver to it on Wednesday tho'.   Saturday and this morning was consumed by making 32 of these candy canes! 

How would you like this guy staring back at you?  He has been coming to our pond, just off the family room, for a drink and wow was he thirsty!  Isn't he a beauty, 12 points. 



Linking with:

12 comments:

  1. oh what a beautiful animal you have visiting! I am never lucky enough to see a buck here with a rack - the does and fawns are pretty but would love to see a big on the land too.
    The wall hanging turned out great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to use up leftover pieces, Vicki! I like the way you offset the two side units - the pumpkin and leaf - with flying geese. Wow on the buck! That is a neat sight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That panel looks so good hanging on your wall! Alaska, here it comes! Fabric candy canes? Wow, on the buck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice mixing on the panel! We have a "family" grouping of 5 deer that visit my feeder when I leave it out at night (oops!). However, they are young; the one 2 pt buck is missing an antler and the other has about 4-6 points. This group has adopted our neighborhood, which is well-treed and near a large undeveloped park, and we see them day or night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You put those leftovers to great use. The wall hanging turned out beautifully. I love the candy canes also. Whoa! Buck is huge! You get the best visitors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love how that panel quilt turned out! I'm not surprised it's already on the way to someone! What a gorgeous buck, and how fun that he comes right to your pond!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Vicki! WOWEE! That is one huge buck. My dad would have loved to see that in his backyard even if it isn't deer season yet. He was a hunter his whole life and usually went with his brother. They almost always got a deer each year. This wall hanging sure came together nicely, considering it is "leftovers" from other panels. I think you finished it off just perfectly . . . and I'm certain the new owner in Alaska will enjoy it very much. What are the candy canes? They look nifty and you made quite a few of them!! And so early, too, for a craft fair deadline. Good job! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Havest Gathering wall hanging turned out beautifully. As for the candy canes, goodness what a lot to make. I must say your friendly visitor is rather imposing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely wall hanging. Congratulations for the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Vicky, that's a really great wall hanging. Panels often have some great parts to them and adding the pieced blocks around them really make them pop! What a beauty your visitor is. Take care and enjoy the Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Harvest quilt and candy canes. Love them both

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yep, great harvest wall hanging. And the candy canes are so cute. Hum... no I am not going to buy stuff for a candy cane door hanging. Wowser! That is a beautiful buck. Hope he stays in the residential area and doesn't attract any hunters. (On the other hand I know there aren't a lot of predators after deer....and they can really damage trees, bushes and even rose bushes.)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html