Sunday, October 31, 2021

I thought I was clever

 I felt so clever, but more on that in a minute.  

A few years ago I was making tons of these snowman table runners that had the red and white pieced checkerboard.  And then I switched to using red and white striped fabric to make them quicker.  Recently I had been thinking about the shoeboxes that held the leftovers. Upon digging them out I discovered a lot of checkerboards left and lots that were even strip pieced already.  So now I am on a quest to use some up!  Sorry no glamour shot of this one, it was late last night and I wanted to snatch the photo before the light faded



Here is the clever part...the backing.  Remember a couple winters ago I was make these red/gray string blocks on phone book pages?  The strings were all from trimming up gobs of snowman table runners.  My intention was that I would make a quilt of them some day.  But...an idea popped into my head last week of using them for backings on these snowman table runners. It would be decorative, a way to use scraps up and save me $ in the end. I will be using up several more of the string blocks in future backings. 


Linking with Oh Scrap!


Happy Halloween!!!!!!!!

18 comments:

  1. Cute snowman table runner and great idea for using the string blocks for backing, Vicki. Now your runner is double face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds clever to me! Cute table runner, and reversible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That backing is pretty enough to be a reversible table runner! I love using scraps and those color look great together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an awesome use of string blocks. Too pretty to be a backing - call it reversible!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely reversible! Fantastic use of those scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea Vicki! Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that is a very clever idea! And your customers will get a two-sided runner. Win, win!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clever you. Even the string blocks look fabulous and go with the snowmen. What size did you cut your paper? I've save several of the smaller phone books just so I could use them for string blocks. I want to make some this week -- I guess in the end I'll make them to fit the paper I have!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's smart, to used the scraps parts and also the strings on the backs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That wasn't a clever idea; it was a brilliant one! Maybe, it will be a two sided project. . .that red would be perfect for February. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great use of your string blocks! Now the runner is reversible, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Vicki, that is clever and it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are very clever! Your customers are going to be getting a two for one...the back looks pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are very clever - a perfect solution - using fabric scraps that have already been beautifully pieced!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, well, WELL!! That IS PRETTY DARN CLEVER. What a great idea, and I do remember you making them last year. The colors are so pretty and who doesn't love using up those leftover scraps. Good job. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sure do love your snowmen and the backing is sooo awesome....I think it is very clever and no wasting of fabrics.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html