Monday, November 22, 2021

Another panel jumped off the shelf and said 'Make Me'!  So I couldn't resist the sweet request, LOL.  I had made up the same panel a few years ago, so why not use the same concept for this one. 




After squaring and trimming the panel itself, the green border was the first to be added. Once the pinwheels, which finish at 4", were made I figured out what size the red spacers in between them needed to be.


Things just go smoother if you have already done them
 before, this was a pretty quick make.  

For the quilting, I did continuous curve in the red pinwheels along with straight lines in the red spaces. Ribbon candy in the green sashing and piano key in the outer holly berry border. 


















The hook swirl on the panel itself, I know you aren't shocked by that!  In fact I bet you could predict that;)  If it isn't broke don't fix it!





















Lest you think I never do anything besides quilting...

Hubby and I had picked and froze apples from our tree in September.  And last week we made apple butter.  It is usually a lengthy process, like all day.  This time, once the apples were mostly thawed I put them in the blender.  That way they did their cooking faster and the process was shortened by 4 hours. We don't use this very fast so we mostly put it in half pint jars which will all go in the freezer.  I probably will have enough for two years here.







9 comments:

  1. Apple butter.... Yummmm!!
    Your little panel is so cute!! I am so amazed at all you get done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The asymmetrical borders really make that panel the star. Very cute! Apple butter always makes me think of my paternal grandmother. The only time they drove from Kansas to Minnesota to visit, she made apple butter from the apples in our backyard. I can still imagine the aroma even 60 years later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do a great job with making interesting frames and borders around panel parts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the asymmetrical setting of this one! That's a pretty ivy print, too. Your apple butter looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum, I like apple butter! Your quilting always blows me away... maybe because I can't do continuous curves, ribbon candy or hook swirl if my life depended on it! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job with the panel, as usual! That apple butter would be gone in a flash here - looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is no way that apple butter would last very long at my house. It is one of our favorites. Love your Christmas panel and the pinwheels in the border.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun panel!!! And neat stems? on display with them!!! Two years worth of apple butter!?! Wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Vicki! This panel has a little different spin than the usual holiday ones. I really like the Adirondack chair with the sled on it. Nice job on it and on the apple butter. I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html