Monday, November 8, 2021

Crazy busy week

I found the perfect backing for my snowmen table runners.  It is 108" wide, at Jo Anns and I had a 50% off coupon, I bought 90 inches of it.  For these runners I cut the wide backing down to 45"x108" and pinned the 45" sides to the long arm.  Earlier in the week I cut and pieced 6 table runners in three different styles.  And then I became a quilting machine. All 6 were quilted in a day, that was a full day and I was tired at the end.  


Next came the applique, better to applique a bunch with the same thread color and then change to the next color. But I was getting sick of applique and couldn't quite finish them all. So, I decided to just stop doing that and finish up  three of them as I needed to replenish ones that sold in the shop.  I know I keep talking about items selling, I am just thrilled to bits that people love my quilted items and keep coming back for more!  Never, ever did I dream it could be like this.  I mean I hoped I could sell some here and there but it's more than that.  And I thank each and every one of you that has cheered me on!


These are the three I totally finished and now I have their mates to finish when I need them.  In the meantime onto the next;)


It's getting close to Thanksgiving!  We have anywhere from 21 to just a couple at a time. This is part of the 21 trying to get a drink from our pond in the backyard 15 feet from the house!



Linking with Mondays parties, Monday Making and Design Wall Mondays.


15 comments:

  1. Oh, that backing is perfect! I'm so glad your shop is doing well. Your work is beautiful, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That fabric is perfect for the backing on your table runners Vicki! Congrats on all of the sales, your work is always so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to get some deer corn or something to attract a few turkeys and deer - had deer for almost all summer and now rarely see them again - but then maybe that is because of deer season.
    Love that backing you found

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the perfect backing and the quilting is perfect too. Great for you for selling so many lovely runners and things. It is a thrill when someone buys my things too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that backing - it really is perfect for your wintry tablerunners. Do I spy gnomes on one? So glad your shop is doing well for you! And look at those turkeys - wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable table runners, Vicki. The backing fabric is just perfect for them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the table runners with that fun plaid on the back. It's so nice that your potentials Thanksgiving turkeys are hanging around. We haven't seen our flock in weeks, but I've heard folks further east in town that are seeing them now. I missed watching them come through the yard.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect back! I saw a turkey today out on our walk. They are on the island we are on in Maine, but not usually on our part - its a little busier.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have done the "quilting in multiples" at times too. It is a great way to avoid all that loading and unloading of quilts. But I agree that by the end of the process, I am ready to move on to something else. That runners are beautifully done and I am so happy for your success.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Vicki! How cool that you can quilt SIX at a time!!! That is pretty darn slick, and that backing is the bomb. What a great buy!! And just a perfect choice, too. Hmm. I find it interesting that you appliqué after quilting. I wonder why? Is it so that the shapes are visible on the reverse side? I would have hated to do that on Dominic's queen-size quilt, but I can see where it would be easier on a runner. Interesting! Great job and {{hugs}} a bunch. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can see how you'd be tired after quilting 6 runners in a day - that's a lot. But well worth it if they are selling well - congrats on that!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html