Monday, November 1, 2021

Fabric Acqusitions

 Friday I took a trip up north a couple hours, I took a friend long for some much needed chatting/ear bending time while shopping.  Yes shopping, fabric stores and quilt shops.  I felt the need to replenish a few quilt panels for fall for next year. You will have to tilt your head for the one on the left:0  But won't they make great little wall hangings?  It will be hard not to dig right in but I need to concentrate on Christmas/winter items right now. 


One more beauty, the fall wreath grabbed me too.  But then onto Christmas with a red truck in a wreath, on no I wasn't going to pass that up even though I have plenty of Christmas/winter panels to use. There might have been some yardage in red and greens bought too, but I already folded them and put them away. They were just staples to replenish the stash.


And then I finished up this cardinal panel wall hanging.

Everything from the gold out I added.  


Just look at that cardinal eyeing you!


Blogger is messing with me and hardly any of your comments come into my inbox anymore.  Trying to figure out what to do, if you know please let me know.  A suggestion was to reset my notifications but I don't even see where to do that!  Any help is appreciated:)

Linking with




13 comments:

  1. I just love this cardinal panel with Peace. Beautiful! It will be fun to see what you do with the panels you found on your shopping trip. Whatever you make will be adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cardinal quilt, Vicki!! You add such interesting touches. Try logging out of blogger, then logging back into blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did snag some good stuff - I haven't even gotten photos taken of what I bought. We need to do it again -- soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You found some awesome panels. The Halloween one will make some delightful little quilts for next year.

    I must say you've caused me to look at panels in a whole new light.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your day sounds fun! I love the Thanksgiving panel with the wreath. Any luck with your comments?

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like a fun day - hope your comments keep coming in

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you found some lovely panels. Shopping with friends is the best. I am totally clueless when it comes to blogger...hope you get your comments issue resolved quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sure that cardinal is in Halloween mode (enchanted, I believe) giving me the eye. Did I mess up the colors/proportions of his family members in the Winter Song?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, my friend! Gosh, that gold border is just the perfect choice. It really pulls that those items out in the piece. And the cardinal!! I love cardinals almost as much as I love the red truck. I guess we need to take ourselves on a road trip for some quilt/fabric/chatting fun. Sounds like a great time to me! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. My best friend and I need one of these therapy sessions really bad!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, that was a productive shopping trip! I have admiration for quilters who get ahead of the season with their projects. I would be stuck on the autumn panels right up until Christmas. Have fun with all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your quilt panels.....I would love to see how you put them together....I have some panels but don't know what to do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Some other bloggers are also having the same problem. Go to 'Design', then 'Settings'Scroll down to 'Comments' and re-enter everything. Hopefully that will help. Blogger does have a blog, where you might comment about a problem. Not sure if they will get back to you or not, but it never hurts.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html