Friday, November 12, 2021

Red Truck in a Wreath

It's always a fun day when you get to start something new isn't it.  Wednesday I declared a day of fun working on one of the new panels I just purchased a couple weeks ago. I am a big fan of red truck decor so I couldn't resist this panel.  

After trimming and squaring it up I added the black/gray marbled border, throw in some gingham and it's all coming together.  But wait it needs some more color.  Okay, so whip up some green and red flying geese units and top it off with an outer border of the black/gray marble.  


 And then to transform it with some quilting, always another fun step for me.  



 I Couldn't resist pulling it all together with the striped binding. 



 Luckily I had pieced two of these table runners a while back.  A gal bought one and wanted another.  All I had to do was quilt and bind the second one.  These are made using the creative grids pineapple ruler.  Inspiration from a Cottage Rose pattern.



I was out of my Snow Dudes table runners so I pieced and quilted another one of them this week also.  Never a dull moment, LOL


Linking With:



13 comments:

  1. You had the perfect border fabrics to go with that panel! That turned out great! I thought of you yesterday at my local quilt group. A friend brought a panel quilt to share that she had made - a cute panel of gnomes was the center, and then a bunch of plaids for the borders. It's a fun one, and just your style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new panel quilt. You do make the panels come to life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew that photo on the link up had to be you, Vicki!!! So graphically cute!!! All that black & white stripes and checks and all! And I love your quilting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great panel!! LOVE how you enhanced it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great wintery runners and wall hanging! I can only imagine that some weeks you can't sew them fast enough.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The truck wreath wall hanging is super cute. I'm not surprised all things snowmen are flying out of your Etsy shop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love what you have done with the panel, its always good to see ideas of how go finish these panels up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cute projects always make me smile :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the red truck wall hanging and those snow man table runners are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how that red truck panel came together! Those snowmen make me smile whenever I see them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh — we’re allowed to do that?! To just declare a Day of Fun? I want to do that TODAY, because every other day this week has been the Day of Too Much Work, the Day of Falling Behind, and the Day of Questioning My Life Choices. Hah! Thanks for the reminder that we all deserve a day off to just play with fabric and have fun. :-). Your Christmas truck panel looks great with the flying geese you added and those snowman table runners are just adorable. Thanks for linking up with me for TGIFF this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Vicki! Oh, I love the red truck in the wreath. You did a great job - love everything about it. I don't know how you could list it, quite honestly. Fabulous! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html