Friday, December 3, 2021

Something different

I needed a little break from quilting.  Yes I can do other things besides quilt 😁once in a while.  Tuesday afternoon I decided I wanted to play with my beads.  Ahhh it felt so good to finally get a chance to make a new bracelet again.  Plus I decided on which beads to order so I can make a few more using different designs.  This bracelet pattern is a free one from Deb Roberti at Around The Beading Table.  


These are from the same pattern, but the bottom two use a different bead so it gives a little different look.

Have you seen the cute snowman stitchery patterns at Pinker n Punkin Quilting and Stitching and guess what...they are free!!  Melisa is so generous with her stitching patterns whether it is primitive stitching like these snowmen or cross stitch. 


I have two done and she just came out with #5.  I will make mine into a wall hanging eventually. The lighting was terrible when I took these photos last night, but I stitched mine on bright white cotton fabric with red DMC floss. 



And back to quilting, using red batiks.  I should have this one done early next week.  In the meantime I have to set it aside to work on a custom runner for a customer.  


Linking with:

15 comments:

  1. You didn’t use fabric at all in making your bracelet! :D It’s beautiful. And you know I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. like that bracelet - I never did get into beads but do like them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those bracelets are so pretty! I'm completely impressed that you like to make bracelets; I tried once and that was the only time I tried. LOL. Never did get the bracelet done. Nice finishes, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love those bracelets. So much fun to see some thing a little different.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bracelets are gorgeous, Vicki and so are your Frostys . Thank you so much for joining me and for the sweetest shout out . Have a blessed and wonderful weekend. Happy quilting

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your snowmen are cute! What a great winter quilt it will be!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty bracelets. And the little snowmen are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful bracelets, Vicki. Your hand embroidery is perfect!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm impressed with your beading skills, Vicki - those are pretty! It is nice to have something different to do now and then. Your Frosties are great, too! I think they are so fun - time for me to trace another one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohhhh those are sooo pretty!!! I did not know you beaded!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty. You can embellish the snowfolks now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The bracelets are so cute! And fun, fun snowmen from Melisa's site! Hmm, trying to guess what that red batik runner will become!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty bracelet! I like the other versions as well. Just like with a quilt, it's neat how different colors change the overall look.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice bracelets. It's interesting to see how different beads make the bracelet look different. Darn, I forgot about Melissa's snowmen stitch along. I need to pop over and pick up the ones I've missed.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the bead work! Beautiful bracelets!
    Thanks for linking to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html