Monday, January 24, 2022

Pressing tip

Kathleen is hosting her Tips and Tutorials on the 22nd for the 3rd year.  We can all use new tips, right?  

My tip for you is a simple one that can be really helpful.  I like using my little Steam Fast iron for pressing seams open, especially on blocks but I have been known to use it on long rows in a table runner.  Because it is small it can get in small places without accidentally pressing other seams in a direction you don't want them to go.  


I also love that it is so lightweight it is less stress on my hands, and believe me this little iron gets hot!  Here I am pressing the beginning of a strawberry block on a wool pressing mat.  I hope this quick little tip helps you out too.

Please join me over at Kathleen's to either post your tip/tutorial or learn a new one.  Also linking with Monday Making


10 comments:

  1. I used to have that little iron but it broke at one point and got tossed, I never picked up another - I really should sometime

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not seen that little iron. I have the Rowenta travel iron but it is still too 'thick' on the tip to really get intot those seams. Ugh, I guess I'll be shopping before the next camping trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this same little iron and love it, too. It is great for pressing seams open... something I do not enjoy doing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tip, Vicki! I've seen those little irons on blogs before, but never gotten one for myself. (Where do you find them?) I do have that problem of the bigger iron messing up previously pressed seams, so the little one looks very helpful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got mine from Walmart. It was a lot less money too.

      Delete
  5. My SteamFast iron is lost, but I managed to locate my Oliso mini after the move. Both of them are very good for what you described!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this tip! I will have to try that one the next time I am ironing open. I have a tendency to finger press open, then press, as it seems so hard sometimes. Thanks for linking up your tip to #TTot22!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Vicki! I seem to have that issue with my big iron all the time. Thanks for the suggestion, my friend. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea, Vicki!!! I'm going to get my travel iron out and accessible!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html