Wednesday, July 22, 2026

New design wall

My cutting table made it's way back into the refreshed sewing room. You can see more of the pressing station in this view also. DH took this photo with his new phone and it makes the room look bigger than it really is! It's only 13'x 13'.


And I now have a permanent design wall! It is the largest that this room could provide at 60" wide x 83" tall. We used the pink insulation foam board and covered it with flannel. You can see I really love it as I took a break from organization and moving more stuff in to sew!  


The next day we put the white pegboard up and began filling it with white plastic Dollar Tree baskets to hold scissors, needles and other sewing needs. I like that it is right beside the sewing table. Did you notice another piece on the design wall? Plus the stars are all together and have their borders now.


Linking with other creative souls at Wednesday Wait Loss



 

15 comments:

  1. Looks good! I don't have a design wall (no room) and even my "design floor" is getting smaller, ugh! But making mostly bags now anyhow, so I don't need one I suppose. Enjoy creating beautiful quilts in your space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great idea those little organizers on the pegboard...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your room looks awesome! The wide angle lens in the iPhone is great, isn't it! It may "only" be 13'x13', but it looks very roomy and inviting. My room is 10'x15', and every inch is crammed - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your sewing space……it has a place for everything and everything is in its place. It must be lovely to have your design wall right behind you, just turn your chair and grab the blocks or slap them up….nice!! Mine sewing space is wonderful but it is full of stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new sewing room, Vicki. Looks like you have a lot of storage. The stars runner is pretty. Is that a keeper or will you put it in your shop?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks fantastic!! Love that peg board too. It does look big, and probably feels that way because it's so well organized. My sewing room is pretty big but has too much stuff in it of course.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh how nice!!! it's so clean and fresh and useful
    LeeAnna notafraidofcolor

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even if it is only 13 x 13, it's all yours! That's a great design wall space, and I love those stars you're showing. The pegboard with the baskets looks really handy! It's amazing what you can find at Dollar Tree that is useful like that. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful workspace, Vicki! How exciting especially to have a design wall. Love the peg board idea using the Dollar Tree baskets. That keeps everything handy. Have a fabulous day. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How wonderful for you to have a design wall! I had no idea, with all the sewing you do, that you didn't have one yet. I think you'll find it life changing for your work. Your refinished sewing room looks gorgeous! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2026/07/15/wednesday-wait-loss-493

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks like such a great set up! Enjoy that design wall. Invaluable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This project is awesome! I love seeing the last 3 posts and the before is quite something! My studio here has just 16 years, and then I have stuff in other rooms because the rooms are so small. Anyway, I love what you are doing and "refreshing" and organizing is such a great thing. After my son visits this weekend , I have one project to get done and then I am trimming things down and getting some things put away that never got unboxed from closing our apartment (which had stuff from our house of 30 years). I love the design wall and admire the need to get something right up there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not able to respond to you via email. Just want to say thank you for visiting and commenting. I have stuff in other rooms too, LOL.

      Delete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html