I had several of you curious as to what project DH and I were working on in the sewing room. I got a new floor put in! Laminate plank is what I chose.
The old ugly carpet had to go, well it wasn't ugly when we put it in thirty two years ago. But after that many years of being my machine knitting room to adding my sewing activities that room got a lot of traffic. I even painted the walls white, they were a sage green, before the guys came on Wednesday to install the floor.
I am loving the new look but boy it is a very big chore to completely remove everything from a sewing room! And now to put things back, but it was so past time to do it. I will do a play by play of putting things back in a future post. I just want to get in there and sew!!


That looks great, Vicki! Those kinds of things are a big job, but so nice when done. You will definitely have to show us how the room looks after everything is all put back in!
ReplyDeleteIt is a big job, especially when you have to completely empty the room first. But it looks great. We have some carpet I would like to get rid of too.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful and updated space to create great projects. What a job to put it all back in!
ReplyDeleteIt looks beautiful! I can't wait to see your room with everything back in it Vicki! You'll probably find things you forgot you had!
ReplyDeleteOhh hLove the update!!! its such a pain to do, but so lovely afterwards!
ReplyDeleteOh yay!! It looks so good! How exciting, huh? Lotsa work getting things back in there, but you will love it. Will you rearrange the room, or keep it set up as it was?
ReplyDeleteYour updated sewing space looks fresh and clean! Hopefully you can return 'stuff' to the room in an organized way.
ReplyDeleteI love the flooring!! My sewing room is what used to be the living room that rarely got used, and it was carpeted about 32 years ago as well!! I’d love to move to wood - on my list of things to update!
ReplyDeleteOh that looks like exciting fun! The floor looks great; as do the freshly painted walls. Have fun going through everything as you put it away. I've found things I forgot about.
ReplyDeleteHi Vicki! Great job. I can only imagine how much work it was to take every.single.thing..out. Ugg. But now the fun begins. You'll find all kinds of treasures as you put stuff back, or maybe even one or two things you can part with. Your creativity will be increased and you'll be inspired by the fresh new room. {{Hugs}} Looks so nice. ~smile~ Roseanne
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the new floor. I love the colour of the plank you chose. I grind my teeth as we need to do that task too and Oh! What a chore that will be. Lucky you, the worst in behind you finally. Enjoy the room now. ;^)
ReplyDeleteI love the new look, both the floor and the walls. I bet it is quite the challenge to take everything out and then have to put it back in.
ReplyDeleteA refreshed room is wonderful!!! I just need to move everything and vacuum behind it!
ReplyDeleteIt’s a ton of work but so satisfying when it’s all done and organized. I can’t believe you had carpet in there for that many years! Funny—Tish texted me yesterday to tell me she can’t wait to show me her reorganized sewing room!
ReplyDeleteWow Vicki it's beautiful! I love the flooring you chose, and the walls look so fresh and clean! Do you hate to put anything on them now? ;)
ReplyDeleteYes it is crazy hard to get new flooring, even in just one room - such a mess. We need to get our whole house done - UGH!
Awesome, cleaning is a finish that is so satisfying! I look forward to seeing your re-furnishing. Did you find anything you forgot you had? LOL. Thanks for linking to TGIFF.
ReplyDeleteThe floor looks great. I have a vinyl plank flooring too in a weathered wood look. I love it. I am looking forward to seeing how your room will look with all your sewing things back again. I understand being anxious to sew again. I had to vacate one of my rooms several months ago so hubby could have a room for his computer and exercise stuff (we share the space), so my fabric and cutting table and ironing stuff had to go into the garage. I have my sewing room in the house. I was upset at first, but it has worked out okay. If only I had one large space for everything all together, but I don't want to move and if we ever did move, I would have to really downsize and I am not ready to do that yet!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great space! I think it's a good exercise to move everything out and to have the opportunity to reorganize every single thing. I've done it once and it really brought life back to my quilting. I need to do it again!
ReplyDelete