Do you ever make something and then forget to post it? Seems I have, LOL. Well it wasn't that long ago but other items made their way here first. If you are a follower you have seen me make these first two before so mainly I am posting them for my own knowledge in the future;)
In smaller wall hangings I sometimes use triangles made from folding a square for the hanging sleeve. That way you only have to hand sew three stitches at the tip of each triangle.
This is a pattern by Karen Walker of Laugh yourself into stitches.
Next up is this Halloween wall hanging. Who doesn't love gingham pumpkins!
Cute polka dots for the backing. This pattern is a Primrose Cottage design.
And I pulled out the maple leaf quilt I was working on this past winter. All I needed was the border. Well actually two borders. I decided to do a 1.5" black w/orange dots first, the same as in the four patch sashings. And then a wider gold print for the last border. It's already for quilting, maybe this week!
In between projects I decided to try doing leader enders again. It has not worked well for me in the past as I tend to forget to use them as it is so easy to hit the scissors button on my sewing machine! But this time it worked well for several days. These squares have been cut in the last 2-3 years and waiting their turn to be turned into a lap quilt for donation. Some were sewn into pairs already so that helped speed things up a bit. The plan is to do a tan solid rectangle in between the homespun blocks. I added a few more blocks since I snapped this photo.
Maybe I'll be back on Wednesday with another finish of something new;) I have lots I want to get done this week!







I love the sunflower and the gingham pumpkins hangings! The fall quilt is gorgeous, I like the borders you added. The triangle hanging sleeves - genius!
ReplyDeleteThat is a great idea with the folded triangles being used for hanging a piece! I do love your gingham pumpkins and those crows, too. I'm hit or miss with leaders and enders, too - sometimes I have blocks ready to go for that, other times I just use a scrap piece of fabric. Those rectangle blocks you're making are neat!
ReplyDeleteAwesome finishes! The one with the crow is a definite winner! But the beautiful quilt with the leaves left me wanting to run downstairs and make leaf blocks immediately. LOL
ReplyDeleteYou've been very productive, Vicki. The fall pieces are adorable. I especially like the one with the crows, pumpkins and sunflower. The maple leaf quilt is beautiful. I look forward to seeing how you quilt it. Do you longarm? I don't remember seeing one in your sewing room.
ReplyDeleteLove those gingham pumpkins. Heck -- I love all your work. I hope to try your method to applique things on a finished background for my Idiom Challenge. It's hard to believe fall is coming when we are still having 90º temps and too much humidity. Sigh thank goodness for good ac!
ReplyDeleteI need to try that triangle trick, I'm all for fewer stitches on hanging "sleeves". Your punkins are cute, but I love the polka dot backing! I cannot get the hang of leaders and enders, I forget like you!
ReplyDeleteLove these Fall projects. Let's see, do I ever finish a project and forget to post it? How about, do I START a project and forget to come back and FINISH it... ;-)
ReplyDeleteOh LOVE!!! and the way you do the hangers - that is so cool!!!
ReplyDeleteAll are great fall projects. I think we have turned the corner for the hot summer days and are finding that we are able to open everything up and turn off the AC earlier in the evenings. YAY! Thanks for sharing in Sew & Tell.
ReplyDeleteall of your fall projects are so cute I love them all
ReplyDeleteThat's a genius way to make a hanger system for a quilt. Glad to see the maple leaf quilt again!
ReplyDeleteHi Vicki! Thanks for the reminder about the hanger triangles! It's so simple and easy to add them as a hanger, yet I often forget about that option. You're a gem! I appreciate all you share with us. Happy August to you. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne
ReplyDeleteCute wall hangings! I like the idea of the triangles.
ReplyDelete