By the end of Wednesday this is what my design wall looked like. I love the splash of color!
Sunday was a quick finish by binding the plaid donation quilt. I used a tan birdhouse fabric and another tan for the backing.
Monday I quilted this D9P(disappearing nine patch). During the week before I worked on piecing it in between other projects. A few of the nine patches were put together and then I got busy sewing the rest together and before long I had a flimsy. Working away at the mound of blue from the 90s and making a donation quilt is very satisfying. This makes #6 for this year.
In the nine patch I placed the lighter blues on the corners, a light print with blue hearts in the very center and the rest are 4 navy blue. For some reason these squares were cut at 4.5", no idea why!!

Look at what I used for the backing! These 4 panel squares of birds were given to me in a pile of other fabrics including the blue stripe here. So I combined then for the backing.
Wednesday I pieced all three of the pieces you see on the first photo of this post. Most of the parts were already cut out so it was fast piecing and then leaf blocks were all pieced too. The colorful squares for their borders were all strip pieced and I used my 2.5" strip cutter to cut them into sections.
Thursday I quilted the square one, got the photos and listed it in my shop.
I'll be quilting the other two soon.
Linking with TGIFF, Finished or Not Friday, I quilted this, Off The Wall and Beauties Pageant. Hope to go check out all the great inspiration there. Sunday I will link at Oh Scrap!
Our apple tree looks like it had Christmas ornaments the way the apples were hanging on this one side of the tree!







That bird fabric is so cute, and I love the plaids! The D9P is really pretty, nice placement, and the backing worked out beautifully. I love the way you incorporate purple into fall colors - that is my favorite fall color combo!!
ReplyDeleteWow - those leaf runners are just so pretty! I'm sure they sell fast. Your donation quilts are looking great. The apples really do look like ornaments.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful fall quilts, Vicki. Fall is my favorite season and I love its colors. Pretty donation quilts, love both sides. The apples look yummy.
ReplyDeleteWell, at least one of us is getting some decent sewing done! You have really been finishing things there. Those fall lovelies on your design wall are so good, and both the donation quilts look very cozy and snuggly. You've had a good week!
ReplyDeleteYou are rocking that design wall :-) Lovely finishes and toppers. I love the pumpkins!
ReplyDeleteThat's a disappearing 9-patch? Very cool!
ReplyDeleteWow, girl you have been super busy with a whole lot of fun projects! Look at those cutie patootie flat pumpkins- cute cute cute! Oh and your Disappearing Nine patch is gorgeous- love that backing with the bird panels. Is that vintage fabric? Mmmm looks like you will be harvesting some apples soon. You'll have to keep us posted if you make anything delish with those apples. Have a great weekend, Vicki. Hugs
ReplyDeleteWow you’ve been busy!! Loving all the colors in the fall projects. I’ve had the grandson all week but need to choose projects to work on at a retreat in a couple of weeks. Wish me luck!
ReplyDeleteYou've been busy, Vicki! Love seeing each project. It's really neat how the Navy blue background in your D9P quilt turned into pinwheels! I've never noticed that happening before - must be about the color placement. And the four leaf tabletopper is gorgeous! You have all the right colors for that one!
ReplyDeleteWhat gorgeous projects you have going. I love the harvest one.
ReplyDeletelove the bright color leave mat and love your apple orchard - I wish I could grow fruit trees good, I tried apples several times but the bugs always seem to destroy them and I couldn't save them either time.
ReplyDeleteYou are channeling fall on your design wall! Gail at the cozy quilter
ReplyDelete