Friday, September 4, 2026

Finishes and progress made

 Not sure how it got to be Friday already because I didn't get as much done as hoped. But that might be because I kinda took Monday and Tuesday off. Well not completely because I put the finishing touches on two cross stitch projects. 


This first one has been stitched for quite some time. I am glad I waited as I am in love with how I finished. The black background is a black framed canvass from The Dollar Tree, which I just found on Monday when I just happened to stop into the local store. For the cross stitch I sewed the black striped fabric to it and then layered two pieces of batting over a stiff cardboard and wrapped the cross stitch around it. The orange fabric is also wrapped around a piece of cardboard. The glue gun comes in handy to glue all the layers together. A little wired burlap bow finished it off. The pattern was a freebie at one time from Primrose Cottage Designs. 


Another freebie was this pumpkin/crow in a jar from Melisa. She has a whole series of items in jars. A fun and quick stitch that has also been waiting to be finished for a year I think. I used an easel from the Dollar Tree and painted it black before adding the cross stitch which I also wrapped around batting and cardboard. Notice the four acorns I glued onto the bottom, they were from our many oak trees. I am looking forward to decorating with my fall decorations soon.

Wednesday I got back into quilting mode and quilted one of the recent panel wall hangings I was working on Sunday. 


The gray orange triangles on top and bottom of the panel are the result of a Villa Rosa Design little card. I did resize it. October Sky is the name of the pattern. 



Next up was finishing up a sunflower table runner that was in progress for a couple weeks at least.


I need another Cinderella wall hanging to put in the shop. It's quilted but needs binding, I'll do that Friday. 


Linking with Finished or Not, TGIFF, Off the Wall, I quilted this, and Beauties pageant.

Sitting watching TV and here comes a buck looking for a drink from the pond in the backyard just a few feet from the house. And then comes buck #2 a little smaller and buck #3 smaller yet!  We love our wildlife for sure.




9 comments:

  1. You had a bunch of pretty finishes this week, Vicki! I love how you’re finishing the cross-stitch - you find things at Dollar Tree I never even think to look for. And what a perfect backing for the turkey wall-hanging! Great view out your window, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last comment from Diann@Little Penguin Quilts. Blogger is acting weird today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you finished up your cross stitches. Where did you get that little Welcome one? And I love the plaid border on your hanging! The triangles are genius. Wow on the bucks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow , you were super busy, Vicki. I just adore your cross stitch finishes. How clever to use the black canvas and the finishing fabrics for the PC stitch really makes your stitch piece pop. I adore your Autumn Jar finish ; the addition of the acorns is spectacular. It is such a treat to see your foyer dressed for the season. The turkey quilt is majestic and love that sunflower quilt. You are on fire! How fun to see the buck; he is a handsome fella. Enjoy your weekend. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Vicki, your work is all gorgeous. I love the way you finished your cross stitch projects. Your wall hanging and the quilting is really lovely. Thanks so much for linking up to I Quilted This! Your wildlife is much bigger than mine :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are making me want fall to be here now!! Beautiful cross stitches!! and the quilts are perfect - love the turkeys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your new projects, especially the sunflower table runner. Isn't it so nice to have nature views right outside your window?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your fall stitcheries are so cute! And your quilts, too! You have quite the visitors stopping by, pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Claiming not being very productive doesn't hold up considering how many finishes you showed. I particularly took note of the cross stitch. I might do something similar to yours with a Halloween embroidery. And, duh to me. I have that same Villa Rosa card and may just use it for the UFO I still have on my design wall. So glad I visited today!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your taking time to leave comments. I try to respond to them all, however, if you are a no-reply blogger I am not able to. If you would like to fix that try this link for help. http://www.sewathomemummy.com/2013/01/are-you-no-reply-blogger.html