Finally I made time to get a few snowman runners done. It felt like it was time to take a short break from fall quilting. This first topper is pretty easy.
First I draw a 25" circle on my background fabric. I use this circle drawing device I bought many years ago at a longarm seminar, Renae's Amazing Mini Rays tool, designed by Renae Haddadin. There are many size circles you can draw with it. Load the backing on the longarm and layer batting and the top and baste on the circle line all the way around. Quilt as desired and then applique the snowmen, hats, noses and I even sew the buttons on with the sewing machine. Binding comes last.
I got lucky and discovered two of my Snow Dudes table runners partially done, I just needed to quilt, add hats, noses and button eyes and bind.
Linking with:





Super cute finishes. What a great device to make huge circles from Renae. Thanks for sharing!!
ReplyDeleteHow clever to add all the applique to these after quilting!! So cute!
ReplyDeleteYou already know how I feel about your snowmen. Love the fabrics in these. Well done, Vicki.
ReplyDeleteAnything with the Snow Dudes is just so stinkin' cute! I love their faces. Sorry but even with a neat ruler like that, I would not be able to evenly baste a circle. Nope, no way. My hat is off to you! :D
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely adorable! It makes me dream of a little cooler weather. Thank you so much for showing us how you created your quilt using your Around and Around pattern. Great idea on quilting first. Have a fabulous weekend, Vicki. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteAdorable snow dudes.
ReplyDeleteLove both your snowman finishes!! They are so very very cute! Thanks for linking to TGIFF!
ReplyDeleteIt's always fun to see the Snow men return :-)
ReplyDeleteThese turned out so cute! Binding a round quilt seems a bit intimidating to me, but yours looks so great!
ReplyDeleteHi Vicki, those are such cute snowmen runners. Thanks so much for linking up to I Quilted This!
ReplyDeleteSuch cute snow dudes - they make me smile! You can sew buttons on with your sewing machine? I wonder if I can, too - I'll have to investigate that!
ReplyDeleteThese are so cute!
ReplyDeleteLove these snowmen so much!! I think these may be the reason I started following you! Putting together a list of “must makes” - these are included. 😊
ReplyDeleteSo that's how you get such a perfect circle! I always wondered. They are both so cute!
ReplyDelete